Race Addict

So today was a big day for me. I registered for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Disney World, which is in March 2010 (308 days!!) and I also registered for the ING New York City Half Marathon which is this coming August. I have the racing fever! I haven’t even done my 10 mile run (which is this Sunday) and I have already signed up for 3 Half Marathons! I think I am loosing my mind. I have spent about $350 on registering for these 4 races ( the two mentioned above, the Broad Street Run this Sunday and the Zooma Half Marathon in Annapolis at the end of the month)! This is an expensive sport! But I am loving the fact that I am getting to travel to fun places. I am also pumped because I am getting to race with my friends! kAtemOnster is running with me at Disney and NYC and my old roommate J.P. is running with me this weekend. Woop Woop! Should be a good time. I am getting pumped! Mildly sad about the possible rain, but pumped!
PS – Don’t forget to enter my glee gum giveaway!

• Reply RunToFinish May 2, 2009 at 12:20 am

the traveling is definitely a good and bad thing! i mean i love to see new places and race new places, but i always want it to be good vacation too!

• Reply Kelly May 2, 2009 at 1:37 am

Yay for the half marathons! I really want to start doing longer runs (I am running my first 5k tomorrow) so that I can mix traveling and running. It seems like fun. Good luck on the 10 mile run on Sunday!

• Reply Lacey Nicole May 2, 2009 at 3:22 am

i’m registered for nyc half, too!!! elliot’s fam and i are going to be running this! so exciting!!!

• Reply Dori May 3, 2009 at 6:29 pm

You’re so great for all the races — I wish I could do it! I signed up for my first 5K in May — hopefully I cn do it!

• Reply SuperDave May 4, 2009 at 10:39 pm

Yeah this racing can be addictive!
    I’ve signed up for the Philadelphia Distance Run and Disney World Half in Jan 2010. Luv It!

• Reply Rose May 5, 2009 at 3:51 pm

You are totally addicted! Isn’t it wonderful?

I was going to sign up for the Zooma 10K, but I think I need a longer break than just three weeks. Plus that’s the only weekend this month that I am NOT traveling for a wedding!