My Mom’s Retro Dishes

Check out the dishes that I brought with me up to Philadelphia. They were my mom’s when she was living on her own in her 20’s! How cool is that? These babies are like 35 (maybe even more) years old! Totally retro. I love it!

Brinkley Pictures 005

I just think these plates are so cool. I love the mustard yellow and the flower design. I just wonder what my mom used to make on them when she was a young hot chick like myself! 😉

Brinkley Pictures 006

I know she is a fabulous cook now. I love her home cooked meals very much, but I just wonder what cool dishes (or what flops!) she made for herself when she was my age.

Brinkley Pictures 007

I love the sizes of the bowls. I feel like they are “actual portion sizes” of what the portions SHOULD be! As we all know, the portion sizes in this day and age are all cracked out and huge! These were little cereal bowls from ‘back in the day!’

Brinkley Pictures 008

These dishes have been around FOREVER, and some of them have all sorts of chips and marks on them. But I think the imperfections make them beautiful. I really love these plates!Brinkley Pictures 009

Boyf has a set of ‘manly blue’ dishes, so I think these are a nice addition to the mixture. It’s not like these are too girly or anything. Yellow is my happy color, and these are my happy plates!

Brinkley Pictures 004

Do you have anything retro like this passed down from your parents? Wouldn’t it be cook if one day I could pass these down to my child and tell them that these are the plates I blogged about?! I hope these plates hold up for another 30 years!

• Reply ~ Kelly Ann ♥ July 28, 2009 at 9:32 pm

Very retro-Love your blog

• Reply Emily July 28, 2009 at 10:44 pm

I love the plates. They're different but VERY cute!

• Reply D10 July 29, 2009 at 7:27 am

Very cool. I love using things from the past.

• Reply Meredith July 29, 2009 at 7:48 am

I love old dishes! I found some of my grandmothers and just think they're so cute.

• Reply Andrea (Off Her Cork) July 29, 2009 at 10:16 am

Oh I love retro stuff! Going to second hand shops and finding dishes is my fave thing. Those plates are totally awesome!

• Reply Anne July 29, 2009 at 10:58 am

Those dishes are so adorable! That's so cool they've been around so long 🙂

• Reply Atheist Mama December 5, 2009 at 1:22 pm

I realize this is an old post…but I just came across it while googling retro kitchen 🙂

I have these plates! I got a big set of bowls, big plates, small plates, cups/saucers, creamer jug, sugar bowl, etc from my local goodwill for $10!

Aren't they awesome! I had no idea how old they were…great to know 🙂

• Reply Zarina August 10, 2010 at 2:17 pm

While doing a search for something completely off the subject, your image showed up. My parents had these plates in the 60s. Brought back memories! Wish we still had them. I think my sister maybe has 1 plates left.