ZICO: Pure Coconut Water

I often come back from a workout or a run, and am unsure what to eat or drink. I don’t want to undo everything I just did in my workout! That’s where ZICO comes in. I got an awesome package from ZICO before my move up to Philadelphia, and what I didn’t drink down in VA, I packed up and took with me. Check out all the ZICO: Pure Coconut Water they sent me:

mas pics 860

ZICO is 100% pure coconut water with natural flavor essences. With five essential electrolytes, more potassium than a banana, low acidity, no fat, no sugar added, and no cholesterol, ZICO is the natural, refreshing way to hydrate and replenish.

I got to try all 3 of ZICO’s products! First that was put to the test was Passion Fruit. I love Passion Fruit. Love Love Love it! So clearly, I loved this flavor. It has just a slight lingering flavor of the passion fruit. Not too much, not too little, just enough. It’s delightful.

mas pics 861

Next up I tried the Natural flavor. This was the first time I had ever had coconut water, so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but I really liked it. Its very light and refreshing with a slight hint of coconut. It tastes very fresh. I enjoyed it a lot.

mas pics 863

Last up to try was the Mango flavor. Again, I am a huge mango lover, so this I knew I was going to love before I even took my first sip. Just like the Passion Fruit flavor, it has the perfect balance of sweetness to the flavor without overdoing it. Yum!

mas pics 864

I really enjoy coming back from a workout and having a ZICO. I drink water all the time and when I am done and recuperating from a workout, I want something fresh and tasty. Coconut water is a great and natural source of nutrition. There are some fabulous health benefits from drinking it. You can check that out here.

Highlights of the Health Benefits of Coconut from the ZICO website:

• In times of famine and war, coconut water has been used as an intravenous fluid and saved many lives.
  • It’s the only natural substance that can be safely injected into the human blood stream.
  • ZICO contains the five essential electrolytes your body needs to keep nerves firing, muscles moving and to help manage stress.
  • One ZICO has more potassium than a banana – 15 times more than most sports drinks – to prevent cramping and promote recovery.

What do you drink after an awesome workout?

• Reply Charm City Kim July 15, 2009 at 9:44 am

I am a big fan of coconut water! I've been reading more and more about the benefits of drinking it after a workout.

Right now – I just drink gool ol' fashioned water.

• Reply Lacey Nicole July 15, 2009 at 9:47 am

i have been loving chocolate superfood version of amazing grass mixed with milk and ice!!! super refreshing and replenishing.

i have not yet tried the coconut water. i wonder if this is good for your skin?

• Reply Rose July 15, 2009 at 10:20 am

I've never had this before, but I keep seeing it in blogland. I'll have to give it a try.

I usually drink plain water.

• Reply Baylee♥ July 15, 2009 at 10:22 am

i have heard amazing things about coconut water!!

after a long workout, i usually have a green monster or a fruit smoothie or salad!

• Reply C.G. the Foodie July 15, 2009 at 1:22 pm

I have these when they are one sale but they are often so pricey where I shop :-/

I do enjoy them though!

• Reply Anne July 15, 2009 at 2:38 pm

Wow, I really want to try these! I love the idea of coconut water after a workout as a natural way to replenish electrolytes–like you, I don't want to "undo" my workout, but definitely need something 🙂

• Reply Quinn July 15, 2009 at 5:09 pm

I drink a Green Monster, but I might have to check out that drink. I've seen it in the stores and have been curious!

• Reply cupcakewild July 15, 2009 at 5:58 pm

I AM OBSESSED WITH COCONUT WATER. So jealous that they mailed you some. I love it, and I only like the zico kind! I've tried vita but it wasn't as tasty. It's also great for hangovers!!

• Reply inmytummy July 15, 2009 at 7:17 pm

How do you get all of these samples? I am jealous.

I usually just drink water after a workout. I do like coconut water though.

• Reply 86Alejandro August 25, 2017 at 6:25 pm

I see you don’t monetize your website, don’t waste your traffic,
    you can earn additional bucks every month because you’ve got high quality content.
    If you want to know how to make extra bucks,
    search for: best adsense alternative Wrastain’s tools