Watermelon Juice

Yesterday, when boyf and I came home with a TON of produce from the farmers market down at the beach, we decided to put one of the two watermelons we got to good use: JUICING! Check out the size of this melon:

Beach 114

Boyf started by slicing it up. We weren’t sure how much we were going to juice, or how much it was going to make, so we sliced the melon in half and started from there.

Beach 115

Seriously, is there anything else that is more of a ‘summer food’ than watermelon? It’s got such great color and flavor, I love it! We had the choice at the farmers market to get seeded or seedless. The seeded was 1.99 and the seedless was 5.99. Big price difference! I knew I wanted to juice at least one of the melons, and the juicer cuts out the seeds, so the seeds weren’t an issue at all.

Beach 118

Boyf sliced the watermelon and I was in charge of juicing it.

Beach 119

Here is my Jack Lalanne Power Juicer Deluxe Version’>Jack La Lanne Power Juicer in action!

Beach 120

Jackson may have gotten a few fly away pieces that fell on the floor. He enjoyed the watermelon very much!

Beach 125

All juiced up! We ended up using a whole watermelon. It made a pretty good amount of juice. Check it out:

Beach 128  Beach 130

Like most homemade juices, you do have to stir it up before serving. Check out that frothy pink color! Yummm!

Beach 131

We did make a bit of a mess, but it was well worth it!

Beach 132 Beach 137

I also had some fun with the outside of the watermelon!

Beach 134

For breakfast this morning I enjoyed a lovely glass of watermelon juice. It tastes like summer! It’s incredible. It is the perfect amount of sweetness, and you can literally taste the freshness. I am in love.

Beach 149 Beach 150

More fun with the watermelon:

Beach 133

Last night after we made the juice, it was time for a cocktail hour, so we decided to make watermelon-tini’s! Boyf made them with equal parts watermelon juice and vodka. Sadly we don’t have cute martini glasses (we SO are getting some this weekend!), so I put them in wine glasses. Either way, the drink was just as fabulous but with a little kick! If you have a juicer, totally juice yourself a watermelon ASAP!

Beach 146

Don’t forget to enter my ZEVIA Giveaway! Woot Woot!

Beach 135

• Reply amanda August 25, 2009 at 4:13 am

i LOVE watermelon.

what a fun treat!

• Reply Emily August 25, 2009 at 6:10 am

I love watermelon and can only imagine how good the juice would taste!

• Reply D10 August 25, 2009 at 11:50 am

I never had watermelon juice before, but it does sound like the perfect summer drink. Fun pictures.

• Reply Lacey Nicole August 25, 2009 at 1:00 pm

it's so funny you made this/posted about it because just over the weekend my mom mentioned that someone she knows drinks watermelon juice– supposedly for skin/youth purposes???????? but seriously- it looks DELICIOUS!!!!!! and it made a TON of juice!

• Reply Dori August 25, 2009 at 1:28 pm

I need to make watermelon juice before the summer is over! You inspired me to make watermelon-tinis! Although I have rum in the house from a party favor, not vodka, so it will be a watermelon-rumtini!

• Reply Megan August 25, 2009 at 3:22 pm

Love the watermelon-tinis! I saw Julie & Julia last night (such inspiration for a blogger or foodie… it's like intense if you're both!) and loved how they had their little martinis every night. So cute!

• Reply Anne August 25, 2009 at 6:42 pm

Watermelon juice sounds yummy. I might have to go buy a juicer!

• Reply inmytummy August 25, 2009 at 11:24 pm

Ooh, that's a great idea. I have a juicer too.

• Reply Charm City Kim August 26, 2009 at 12:51 pm

I am addicted to watermelon. I'm actually getting a little depressed about the end of summer because that means no more watermelon.

As for the juicer – I'm on the market for one. Would you recommend yours?

• Reply Leslie Elizabeth August 26, 2009 at 1:02 pm

I would definitely recommend my Jack La Lanne power juicer. The only thing is, I wish I had gotten it in stainless steel! The white can have a tenancy to change colors (from carrots and strawberries!), but you just have to clean it a little more! But the white was cheaper, so you pick your battles!