Cucumber Juice and Cucumber-tini’s

I am pretty much always looking for new and fun things to juice!  Today’s special is cucumber juice!itsbritneybitch 190

It was a pretty big cucumber. I wasn’t sure how much juice it would make, but I had high hopes! Into the juicer it went!

itsbritneybitch 196itsbritneybitch 199

Health Benefits of Cucumbers :

• Cucumber is best natural diuretic known, secreting and promoting the flow of urine.
  • Helps in kidney and urinary bladder disease.
  • Liver disease and Pancreatic disease
  • The potassium content of cucumber makes it highly useful for conditions of high and low blood pressure.
  • The high silicon and sulfur content of the cucumber is said to promote the growth of hair, especially when the juice of the cucumber is added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach.
  • The high mineral content of this vegetable also helps to prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.

[source]

itsbritneybitch 158  itsbritneybitch 191

It made a pretty good amount of juice. I was impressed. I know I make many juice  concoctions, but sometimes its nice just to juice one fruit or vegetable and embrace that flavor to the fullest.

itsbritneybitch 192

No matter the juice, its ALWAYS fun to try it with alcohol! Boyf and I made cucumber-tini’s! Ole! Pretty, don’t you think?

itsbritneybitch 194

Full of vitamins and nutrients and a little bit of vodka! What could be better?

itsbritneybitch 195

You have to drink them pretty quickly. Once everything cools down,  and the ice melts, it’s not so fabulous to drink.

itsbritneybitch 197

Do you juice? If you had to pick one fruit or vegetable to juice for the rest of time, what would you juice?

• Reply Kate September 9, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Those drinks are WICKED!! Seriously, they have Elphaba written all over them. Are cucumbers obtainable in January?

• Reply Savvy Gal September 9, 2009 at 9:45 pm

sounds healthy and yummy! I love watermelon juice.

• Reply Jenny September 10, 2009 at 12:35 am

cucumbertinis..tres fabulous!

• Reply Living and Loving In L.A. September 10, 2009 at 2:07 am

You are a juicing MACHINE! I love it! My favorite thing to juice is cantaloupe. You have got to try it!

• Reply Lacey Nicole September 10, 2009 at 3:05 am

i'm so jealous of all your juices!!!!!!!! i'm torn about juicers– i want it already made for me. i wonder if i had one if i would really use it? i bet once i got the hang of it i would. is it really easy to use?

• Reply amanda September 10, 2009 at 3:24 am

eeek. i don't think i'd love cucumber juice. but i'd definitely love playing with a juicer.

• Reply Texan Couture September 15, 2009 at 8:25 pm

Love it! And I need a juicer I think that will be my next purchase.

• Reply Juliene April 26, 2010 at 8:56 pm

This is strange, I google cucumber cocktails and came across your page. If you liked your cucumber tini you would love love love these cucumber margaritas we get a bar here in Baltimore. They are so refreshing it's like summertime in a glass. Basically they take some cucumber hunks and muddle them in a glass and add their housemade margarita on top. SO YUMMY