Hole In The Bread

This morning I woke up and knew EXACTLY what I wanted! I was sent some sweet bread from Vermont Bread Company the other day, and I knew the perfect meal to make with the first piece of bread that I was going to try!

pics 312

It involved a hole in the middle of the bread!

pics 313

I was planning on making that thing with the egg in the middle of the hole in the bread! I have seen it on a few blogs (mainly Caitlin’s and Meghann’s) and I totally needed to try it for myself!

pics 314

I cut out the middle of the bread, and cracked an egg  in it and away it sizzled! I also saved the middle of the bread. What else are you supposed to do with two little bread holes?

pics 316pics 315

We turned one of the toasts over before the egg was ready. There was a little spillage involved!

pics 319

But the rest of the experiment went quite well. I have never tried this meal before, but I am sure glad I did!

pics 322pics 325

Success! The hole in the bread turned out awesome.

What else is that thing called??

pics 323

Jackson wanted to try the new item on the menu!

pics 324

The flip side of the bread – where the egg got a little out of control

pics 326

The Vermont Bread – 11 Whole Grains Organic Soft Multigrain was pretty good. I love soft grainy bread. It is made without any artificial ingredients, preservatives or high fructose corn syrup, so that’s nice too! YUM!

pics 327

It was quite a yummy breakfast!

pics 328

I also had a cup of coffee (which I rarely have!) because fiancé was making a pot of it. I think we need to get some more coffee our lives. I want to pick up some coffee with some flavor in it! Any suggestions?

pics 334pics 333

I put some Mimiccreme in my coffee instead of milk that was recently sent to me. It tastes pretty good, as I had never tried it before. It’s non-dairy, non-soy, lactose, cholesterol and gluten free.

Fiance and I have a big day ahead of us. We are going to look at a reception site (or two) and then I have big birthday plans for him for later! Happy Saturday to All!

• Reply happyherbivore.com October 24, 2009 at 8:12 am

i think that's called eggs in a window or sunshine in a window?

• Reply Lori October 24, 2009 at 9:49 am

We call this eggs in a basket and I love it!

I just toast up the circles and put a little jam on it.

• Reply health savvy shopaholic October 24, 2009 at 10:16 am

i just call it egg in a hole haha it is so delish though 🙂 sounds like you have an exciting day planned- have a great saturday girl!

• Reply Emily October 24, 2009 at 11:10 am

Not why we call it this..but I've always known it as Toad in a Hole..hehe! People look at me weirdly when I say that's what I want!

I've been making it for a few years now and I can never seem to flip without spillage! lol

• Reply Jenny October 24, 2009 at 11:55 am

toad in a hole! that's what my mommy used to call it 🙂 one of my favorite breakfasts!!

p.s. isn't the vermont co bread the best?! my favorite!

• Reply littlemissminny October 24, 2009 at 3:39 pm

I never done that with eggs 🙂
    Your doggie is adorable!

• Reply Living and Loving in L.A. October 25, 2009 at 12:55 am

Sounds like a super fun day! Hope it was great!
    Jackson looks so adorable in that pic, makes me miss my little puppy baby back home!!!

• Reply amanda October 25, 2009 at 10:50 am

that's yummmy looking. i'm going to give it a try!

• Reply eatolive October 26, 2009 at 2:02 pm

eggs in a basket! 🙂

i just recently made them as well and loved em! so did the boyfriend 🙂

(i also turned it too quickly and had some egg spillage)