L’Auberge Chez Francois

Saturday night my parents took boyf and I out for a fabulous meal and to celebrate our engagement at L’Auberge Chez Francois, a fancy French restaurant that they go to when they are celebrating their anniversary.

va trip 001  va trip 003

Seriously, could this place get ANY cuter?!?

va trip 005

I love the atmosphere. So French countryside!

va trip 007 va trip 008

I started off with a raspberry cordial/champagne drink and then switched over to Pinot Noir. I also enjoyed some amazing bread and cheese. It was a night to celebrate and enjoy!

va trip 009va trip 015

Cheers at the table. With boyf, my brother, mom and dad!

va trip 011

My dad was excited about the menu!

va trip 013

Love at the table.

va trip 017

For the appetizer I had a warm Roquefort cheese and candied Anjou pears with a touch of cinnamon and Calvados on a puff pastry tar

va trip 019

After the appetizer they brought by a fresh spinach quiche

va trip 018

Boyf enjoyed the Lobster Bisque soup and my brother had the French Onion soup. I tasted both and they were delish!

va trip 020 va trip 021

In between courses, boyf and I checked out the outside scenery. It was so pretty! I love the red tables and chairs.

va trip 012

Next up we had some good salads. I had a regular green salad, boyf had the tomato salad and my brother had the Caesar salad.

va trip 029 va trip 030 va trip 042

Then we cleansed our palates with some sorbet.

va trip 070

For the main event, boyf and I shared the châteaubriand which was a meal for two, with assorted fresh vegetables, béarnaise and truffle sauce, served tableside

va trip 071

After that massive meal it was time for dessert! I ALWAYS save room for dessert! The waiter brought over some meringue as a complimentary dessert for our engagement celebration.

va trip 077   Gazing into each others eyes. Haha.

va trip 080

And THEN came the dessert we actually ordered. I got the raspberry soufflé. Drooooool

va trip 082 va trip 083

Some other desserts on the table.

va trip 084 va trip 085 va trip 086 va trip 087

And THEN the waiter brought by some complementary champagne to celebrate some more! Cheers!

va trip 088

Another photo op!

va trip 090

And then I showed off my bling to the table over and over again!

va trip 091 va trip 092

It was the perfect way to celebrate our engagement with my family.

va trip 094

More Love.

va trip 095

• Reply Betsy October 12, 2009 at 3:05 pm

Omg! Joe and I went here for his 18th birthday 4 years ago when I was still at GMU. One of my aunts lives about 2 min from there. I LOVED this restaurant! We still talk about it as one of the best nights ever! Glad you had a nice time there. 🙂

• Reply Quinn October 12, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I LOVE Chez Francois! My family's been going since I was knee-high to a grasshopper for special events! Looks like a great night out with your family!

• Reply Genesis October 12, 2009 at 3:37 pm

you guys are so cute! total drool over your dessert!

• Reply amanda October 12, 2009 at 3:58 pm

yay for engagement dinners. you always go to such neat places! the place looks ADORABLE!

• Reply Lindsay October 12, 2009 at 5:43 pm

That place looks so cute! Your meal looks delicious!

• Reply Just Me October 12, 2009 at 7:05 pm

Guess what you keep saying boyf… he isn't your boyf anymore, he is your fiance!! Congratulations, that place does look amazing btw!

• Reply Texan Couture October 12, 2009 at 8:19 pm

Chez Francois looks like such a cute place! And the food looks delicious!

• Reply Carissa October 13, 2009 at 2:58 am

Oh wow, that meal looks like it was out of this world! You've made me very hungry! haha It looks like you all had such a nice time 🙂

• Reply Sarah October 13, 2009 at 12:51 pm

ok! we need to plan a meet up next time you're in my neck of the woods – l'auberge is not far from me at all. hubby and i both work in tysons corner/mclean 😉

I love L'Auberge and the only time we've been is when my parents took hubby and I to celebrate my mother & I's birthday (we're 3 days apart). EXPENSIVE fo sho'

We actually went to a really nice restaurant to celebrate our 1 yr anniv last night: Chef Geoff's in Tysons Corner – classy, nice and not nearly as expensive as we thought it would be – fantastic food!!!!

ahhhhhhh the souffle totally doesn't compare to chez francois's tho! i was disappointed

oh tip, i know its tradition to freeze part of your wedding cake to eat on your 1 yr anniv – DON'T DO THIS. just plan to buy a small cake on your anniv instead from the same bakery in the same flavors – seriously.

hubby convinced me that freezing the cake for 1 year wouldn't be too bad – the cake tasted gross!!! we were disappointed 🙁

• Reply Charm City Kim October 13, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Cute! And dude – get used to that pose (flashing your ring). You will see it in just about every photo imagineable. 🙂 I think I still manage to position myself so that my ring shows in all pictures.

• Reply Meredith (Pursuing Balance) October 14, 2009 at 1:24 am

That's so cute that you went to the same restaurant where your parents celebrate their anniversaries!

• Reply Andrea (Off Her Cork) October 14, 2009 at 1:40 pm

Love it! What a fun evening and the food looks fabbo!