Our Proposal Story

After boyf and I got back home from our fabulous day at the Philadelphia Zoo, he surprised me and told me we had dinner reservations!

I was super excited that Boyf had made special reservations for us somewhere, but I had no idea what to wear! I was running around the apartment trying on tons of outfits!

While I was getting beautiful, boyf poured us a glass of fabulous wine that we got this weekend (story on that to come!) We enjoyed the wine in the courtyard with Jackson before we headed to dinner.
Picture 188

We headed to downtown Philly and I still had no idea where we were going. I love surprises!

Picture 189

We pulled off into the parking lot by the Philadelphia Art Museum and decided to snap a few pictures.

Picture 205

Here I started to get an idea where we were going for dinner. I was so busy snapping picture of the beautiful scenery around us!Picture 190

LOVE.  Picture 191

Boyf was taking me to the fabulous Water Works Restaurant! I have been wanting to go to this place forever! Picture 206

Seriously, check out our table. This was our view the entire night. We got to watch the sun sink in the sky. It couldn’t have been any more beautiful. Picture 207

The lights on Boathouse Row were just tuning on.  Picture 208

At this point I was thinking to myself – How romantic is this?! I was beginning to hope he was going to propose. It was a perfect evening.

Picture 211

At our table.

Picture 212

We started off the evening with some fine water. The Water Works Restaurant has a major selection of waters! Lots of different styles (classic, effervescent, sparkling, still, bold) from all over the world.

Picture 213

They had a bigger water selection than wine! I loved it! Boyf and I enjoyed a lovely sparkling water from Norway!

Picture 209Picture 210Picture 215

I kept taking the same picture of Boathouse Row as it kept getting darker out. Check it out.

Picture 214Picture 216Picture 221

Boyf ordered a bottle of red for the table.

Picture 217

For dinner I had the Truffle Boursin Stuffed Chicken -  Creamy lobster and asparagus couscous, oven-dried tomato emulsion. It was amazingly incredibly fabulous.

Picture 218

Boyf had the Kansas City Strip topped with crab meat.

Picture 220

We also split a side of grilled asparagus

Picture 219

I got to pick dessert! I ordered The Water Wheel which is flourless Scharffenberger chocolate torte, Bavarian cream, raspberry jam, Chambord genache, raspberry pearls. It was beyond fabulous, like the rest of the meal, like the rest of then night, like the rest of the day!

Picture 222

After dinner boyf went back and walked along the water. We were enjoying the night, talking about the weekend, the fabulous meal we just had – just enjoying being together.

And then things got serious.

The things that were said that night were between boyf and I, for our hearts only to know and cherish, so I don’t feel the need to share the intimate details. But like I have said about a million times already, it was a perfect night and a perfect moment. Boyf got down on his knee and asked me to marry him – He asked on the corner of the upper ledge in the picture below.

Picture 190

It was a joyous moment. We were out there in the dark of night, along the Schuylkill River, overlooking the Philadelphia skyline, with Boathouse Row in the background all alone in our special moment together.  LOVE.

When boyf asked me to marry him he pulled out the most glorious ring in the whole world! I am still in shock. A very HAPPY shock. I have pretty much been bouncing off the walls since Sunday.

Picture 258

The proposal happened around 9:00 pm on Sunday night. After our special moment we called our parents to give them the fabulous news! Everyone was so thrilled! Then we called and texted and emailed the rest of our friends and family and loved ones! It has been a crazy whirlwind ever since! I have been enjoying each moment (and probably staring at my ring WAY too much!) every since!

Are you sick of hearing me talk about the proposal yet?? Stay tuned for even more juicy details!

• Reply Kate October 6, 2009 at 4:29 pm

What a perfect evening! I'm soo happy for you two! Beautiful pictures. Congrats!!!

• Reply Charm City Kim October 6, 2009 at 4:53 pm

I totally got choked up reading this! Seriously – congratulations. Telling your proposal story will never get old (believe me). Also – staring at your ring will never get old (even if you've been married for 3 years).

I can't wait to read about the wedding plans!

• Reply Julie @savvyeats October 6, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I got all teary when I read your story!

You won't stop staring at your ring for awhile. Trust me. I still have days where I can't stop staring at mine, and I've been engaged for over a year!

• Reply Miss Anne October 6, 2009 at 5:27 pm

C♥NGRATS Sweet Pea!

Sorry I've been so absent from your blog! I read your story and teared up! I couldn't be more happy for you two!

🙂

p.s. that ring is gorgeous, mine is princess cut too! yay!

• Reply Rose October 6, 2009 at 5:34 pm

Congrats!!!

• Reply health savvy shopaholic October 6, 2009 at 5:49 pm

leslie!!! OMGGGGGG!!! CONGRATS 🙂 that sounds like the absolute PERFECT evening EVER!!! and the ring is beautiful!!!!!! ahhh so excited for you!

• Reply Carlee October 6, 2009 at 5:54 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah!!! awesome recap! congratulations; what a wonderful proposal!

• Reply Megan October 6, 2009 at 6:07 pm

Love it and love the ring! It's gorgeous!

[still waiting to hear from the fiance]

haha

• Reply Lindsay October 6, 2009 at 6:22 pm

What a perfect night! Congrats!

• Reply Megan @ megzz Wins at Life October 6, 2009 at 6:24 pm

ahhh amazing.. he can't be called boyf anymore… He is now your fiance!!!! haha

• Reply Dori October 6, 2009 at 6:30 pm

AHHH!!! Beautiful story!! I am so happy for you, that was so perfect. And the food — WOW.

• Reply Stella October 6, 2009 at 7:16 pm

I love your blog…What an amazing evening! Congratulations!!

• Reply EricaH October 6, 2009 at 7:35 pm

what a wonderful story one I am sure one day you will be sharing with your kids over and over again. And what an amazing ring. Congratulations!!!

• Reply Ashley October 6, 2009 at 7:50 pm

Aaawww, sounds like such a PERFECT night!! Your pics are awesome – my mouth is watering from the food!! I esp love the pic of the dessert with the reflection of what appears to be the sunset on the place – awesome photo! Congratulations again!

• Reply Missy October 6, 2009 at 8:13 pm

What a perfect story!! So pretty and that restaurant looks amazing! I should mention that one to my bf next time we are in Philly! I'm so happy for you!

• Reply Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life October 6, 2009 at 8:28 pm

just nominated the "over the top" blog award 🙂 check out my site for details http://www.megzzwins.com

• Reply Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point October 6, 2009 at 8:31 pm

congrats on your engagement 🙂

• Reply RhodeyGirl October 6, 2009 at 8:32 pm

tip from me: write down every single stinking detail of what he said to you anf you to him in a diary or anything you have so that you can always remember that moment!

• Reply RunToTheFinish October 6, 2009 at 8:37 pm

oh so wonderful!! I love that moment and the joy and then the wonderful anticipation of the big day and your life together. Congrats again

• Reply ~Mrs. Guru~ October 6, 2009 at 10:05 pm

awe, congrats!

• Reply MoraPiggy October 6, 2009 at 10:36 pm

Great night.
    You two are so cute.
    Yay for Love.

• Reply amanda October 6, 2009 at 10:39 pm

i loveeee wedding talk! so i'm all about this. and i am SO excited for you. what great, exciting fabulous news. you better be bouncing off the walls-you just got ENGANGED, girl. woooo. embrace in it.

it all happened so beautifully! that boyf of yours did it right. i loveeee the pictures, and that restaurant looks GORGEOUS!

SEXY ring!!! cheers!

• Reply Tiff October 7, 2009 at 12:05 am

Congratulations on your engagement! It looked like a wonderful night.

• Reply Living and Loving in L.A. October 7, 2009 at 1:18 am

So happy for you! What a great story! Congratulations!!!!

• Reply theskinnyplate October 7, 2009 at 1:22 am

Awww…. so sweet. Congrats again! Your ring is gorgeous.

• Reply Nicole (anotheronebitesthecrust.wordpress.com) October 7, 2009 at 2:40 am

Congratulations!!! This makes me so happy!!

PS: Love the name of your blog!

• Reply Lindsey @ Sound Eats October 7, 2009 at 2:45 am

BEAUTIFUL!!! So sweet. Congrats again!

I agree with not sharing every intimate detail, but right down those intimate details, those "every word said" and shared between you guys – in a few years those exact words may be harder to remember, and you'll love having the exact written words to look back on. 🙂

• Reply Anne October 7, 2009 at 4:32 am

Awwwwwwww this is so adorable! I loved reading this, and congrats again 😀

• Reply Sophia October 7, 2009 at 6:34 am

I heard your news from Peanut Butter and Jenny…CONGRATS! That's awesome news, and what a great and perfect evening indeed! 😀

• Reply Mica October 7, 2009 at 12:07 pm

I'm glad you could document your proposal story on your blog for yourself and so we could read it! It sounds like a really fantastic evening, and the restaurant looks awesome! (Boathouse row is really cool, too!)

Congratulations on your happy, happy news!

• Reply Jeri October 7, 2009 at 3:17 pm

congrats. I'm so excited for you guys! sounds like the perfect evening for it too. 🙂

• Reply Texan Couture October 8, 2009 at 9:54 pm

So romantic! I love the setting for the proposal your boyfriend did a great job!

• Reply Danica October 8, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Ahhh I'm so behind but this is so perfect and I'm so happy for you two! 🙂 Congrats!!!

• Reply Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats October 9, 2009 at 11:26 pm

omg – PERFECTION!!! What an amazing night, scenery, eats, company, RING, and engagement. Congratulations to you and your fiance!

• Reply inmytummy October 25, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I'm kind of behind on your blog, but I wanted to give you a belated congratulations!!!

I'm getting married in April if you need anyone to talk to about wedding planning.

• Reply Cynthia (It All Changes) September 27, 2010 at 12:28 am

That is such a sweet story. He sounds like a keeper.

My friend got engaged after dinner at that restaurant too.

• Reply Anonymous October 7, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Where did your fiance buy your ring? It is GORGEOUS!