Going Green Monster

I has been WAY. TOO. LONG. since I have enjoyed a nice big ‘ol green monster in the morning! The last green monster I had was over 2 months ago! Eeek! It has almost been a whole year since my first green monster, on that day I shall have a little party!

If you are new to my blog you may not realize the fond love I have for the Green Monster. I used to have at least one a day for months at a time. It was a huge factor post my detox last spring.

A Green Monster is a fabulous way to start your day with a nice hearty helping of greens. In what other meal would you have 3-4 cups of baby spinach for breakfast and it would be this healthy?

DSC_0154

Along with the spinach I add 1 cup of almond milk, 1 banana (I am using up my frozen nanners since I haven’t been to the grocery store), chia seeds, flax seeds and wheatberries

DSC_0155

I feel like these 3 seeds are the secret to my success. There is so much good stuff going on in these little seeds. Check out the amazing benefits of chia seeds here. Flax seeds and wheat berries are equally amazing well.

What’s your favorite seed?

DSC_0157

all together in the blender!

DSC_0159

before & after blend.

DSC_0160 DSC_0164

Check out all that green monster goodness!

DSC_0165

I always enjoy my green monster with a straw.

DSC_0167

Playing with the settings on my camera. Which picture do you like better? Above or below?

DSC_0168

I am a Green Monster believer! Have you ever had one before?

DSC_0172 DSC_0166

Last chance to enter the Drymax Socks Giveaway!

• Reply Genesis December 30, 2009 at 12:09 pm

ive had them but my combinations havent always turned out so well.

• Reply inmytummy December 30, 2009 at 1:00 pm

I need to start drinking them again too.

• Reply Nutritious is Delicious December 30, 2009 at 2:33 pm

I love the below one! Too cool!

• Reply Lacey Nicole December 30, 2009 at 3:25 pm

well it is interesting b/c i like seeing the smoothie more than the straw but in that pic the straw is fuzzy. but i prefer that one 🙂

i just saw your stalker tee!!!!!!!!! i have been stalking these tshirts online!!!! i am curious what the woman's sweatshirt looks like. i also like the totes. i want to get the broccoli "tree pose" one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Reply RunToTheFinish December 31, 2009 at 1:12 pm

MMM I have started drinking them again every day and they are good…I am thinking that I need to use them for a full week cleanse maybe

• Reply Jenny December 31, 2009 at 1:21 pm

can you believe I've never had a Green Monster? I know.. I should be shunned from the blogging community.

• Reply Lisa January 2, 2010 at 11:28 am

I've never had a green monster, but I really want to try it. I just need to get a blender first! Between the two photos, I like the bottom one better.