2010 Resolutions

**I am currently on vacation, but I thought you might want to know about some of my 2010 resolutions**

I know NYE was a few days ago, but did everyone have a fun New Years Eve? I rang in 2010 at a friends house in Philadelphia with a bunch of friends. It was a nice change of pace, but I admit that I did have a little too much champagne.

new years 020

It was crazy to spend my 5th New Year with fiancé. I hope everyone had a happy and safe evening!

new years 022

new years

6 months ago, on my birthday, I listed out what I wanted to do during my 25th year. Here we are with 6 months before my next birthday and I thought that this was a good time to check out how I am doing so far.

What I want to do in my 25th Year (original post here):

• Move back to Philadelphia – check, check & check!
  • Go Back to School – Check!
  • Complete NYC Half (check!) and Disney Princess Half (March 2010, it will be here soon!) I also added the Philly Half in that little mix too – Check!
  • See Britney again in her 2nd round US tour in Philadelphia – check, check, check and check – I posted about her DC tour when I was FIRST ROW here – Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
  • Read More Books – Need to do more of this in 2010
  • Lose a few more pounds/tone up – I have maintained what I lost from my detox and hope to continue to tone up!
  • Re-vamp the blog – It’s in the works!
  • I am thinking of training for a triathlon – a marathon might be in the works, we shall see!

2010 Goals

• Cook something new once a week – I got all these awesome cook books for Christmas, I really want to get into the habit of following a recipe and try to make something new weekly

DSC_0212

• Do yoga 1-2 times a week (at least) – I really want to incorporate yoga into my workouts on a more regular basis, I think it will make me a better runner/athlete in the long run

• Run longer, harder and faster than ever before. I set some good PRs in 2009 and want to continue that trend! I also would like to make a habit of finding new routes to run and change the scenery up every now and then!

• Take a Cooking and/or Photography Class with a friend!

• Spend more time reading books and less time in front of the television. I get so sucked into reality TV shows and watching Netflix every night. I need to take a step back from all that, and I have LOTS of books to read

DSC_0213

DSC_0214

• Try Brussel sprouts – random I know, but they are on my to-try list and I just need to figure out what to do with them!

What are your 2010 resolutions?

• Reply Sarah W. January 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm

all good goals for 2010!

this is my go-to brussels sprouts recipe – I used to hate hate brussels until I made them myself following this recipe and now I literally can't get enough. FRESH brussels ALWAYS.

this is also a good one though the focus is on the tofu. but it has brussels for a complete meal – yum! http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/caramelized-tofu-recipe.html

• Reply Megan January 6, 2010 at 7:09 pm

If you love garlic (like me), then try this:

And don't leave the stove while they are cooking. The will burn. And the house will stink. not that I know from experience or anything 🙂

• Reply *Naomi* January 6, 2010 at 8:39 pm

love your goal of cooking something new each week! although I dont want to commit myself to cook something new everyweek, I certainly want to spend more time cooking new food!

have fun on vacay!!

• Reply thePearlPerrita January 6, 2010 at 9:02 pm

Great goals! I love your blog, it's so inspiring! I ran the Zooma Annapolis half as well, it was my first, too (and my only though…so far)!

I recognize Animal Vegetable, Miracle on your shelf…Barbara Kingsolver included some recipes I can't wait to try…such as how to make your own cheese!

• Reply inmytummy January 7, 2010 at 12:50 am

I have a really good brussels sprouts that i can email you if you want.

• Reply Jenny January 7, 2010 at 1:55 am

you are going to have an amazing 2010 filled with tons of yoga, brussel sprouts, and happiness 🙂

p.s. Ill def. get the guest post to you tomorrow, lovie! I have been racking my brain wth what to write about but I think I finally have an idea for ya 🙂 so sorry for the delay, i'm awful!

love ya sweetums! xo

• Reply Mary January 7, 2010 at 2:57 am

I LOVE your goals!!! They all feel very close to mine! Also, I just roasted my first brussel sprouts the other day, Fantastic!! Tricia at the blog, Endurance is More than physical had a perfect recipe!

• Reply lesley lifting life January 7, 2010 at 3:15 am

I'll take a photography class with you!! ; )

• Reply Ashley January 7, 2010 at 1:34 pm

We have a few resolutions in common: cooking more, toning up, etc.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who celebrates half birthdays!

• Reply Charm City Kim January 7, 2010 at 7:49 pm

Brussels sprouts are so good!

I just coat them in olive oil, salt & pepper (not too much of any of these) then roast them for 45 minutes at 450 degrees.

Delish!