I would like to thank Katie for tagging me with this Beautiful Blogger Award. With this award you are supposed to post 7 things you don’t know about me, and then tag 7 other people. She received the award and posted her awesome comments yesterday. If you too were a fan of Dr. Pepper chap stick back in the day, check out her answers!
1. Being a food blogger I like to try new things whenever possible, but I do have a confession. There are some foods out there that I just don’t like, won’t eat and will avoid whenever possible. These dislikes includes – tomatoes (but I like ketchup and tomato sauce), mushrooms and tuna fish (except sushi). The fun part about these foods is that I have never really tried them. Yes, I admit that I am being a baby about it. I believe with the mushrooms and tomatoes I has something to do with the textures. I am just not into them. With tuna (except for sushi) I just can’t stand the smell.
Is there anything you just won’t eat?
2. I know most of my blog readers know lots about my running abilities, but back in the day (read: High School) I used to play a lot of soccer and lacrosse. I started playing soccer when I was a little kid. I played in all the community leagues and from there I joined a travel team and at the same time played for my high school. While my high school team never amounted to much, my travel team won state championships numerous times. We even placed #2 in a National Championship tournament at Disney world. For that year we were the #2 team in the whole USA for our age group. How cool is that? In high school I was one of the MVP’s for our team and I got a few awards as well – Washington Catholic All Metropolitan Team.
I first picked up a lacrosse stick my freshman year of high school. I had never played before and didn’t know anything about the sport, but I wanted to frolick around a field in a skirt, so I signed up! I ended up taking to lacrosse very easily and enjoyed it a lot. I was the Player of the Year for our division as well as MVP. I enjoyed lax so much in fact that I went to Villanova to play lacrosse! After only 4 years of playing/learning about the game. Crazy, right?
Did you play sports in school?
3. I know I track all of my running and race recaps on the blog here, but I wanted to confess a little secret to you all.
I don’t have a training plan.
Yup. You read that right. I have no training plan at all for any of my half marathons or any other races. I just try to build up my mileage week by week leading up to the race and go from there. I don’t stress about it, and I do what I can do with the time that I have. It’s worked out pretty well for me so far. I know some people thrive on lists and plans like that, but not me. I know where I should be mileage wise before the race and I make it a point to get there before the race so I feel comfortable with my endurance.
Do you have a training plan?
4. I am a Reality TV Junkie. I watch any and everything reality TV. Some people play video games or read books to escape or unwind after a long day…well I enjoy watching trashy television. Thankyouverymuch! Seriously, who doesn’t?! Some shows I LOVE – Biggest Loser, The Bachelor, The Hills, The City, Dancing with the Stars, Amazing Race, Top Model, Jon & Kate Plus 8, So You Think You Can Dance and Top Chef. There are some shows I enjoy and have on in the background and can watch whenever– American Idol, America’s Got Talent, Supernanny and a few others.
What’s your favorite Reality TV show?
5. I am afraid of heights. Deathly afraid. Sometimes I have to pump myself up even when flying on an airplane because of the whole heights thing. It freaks me out. I get the feeling of loosing control of my body and I get this jolt through me where I realize how far up I am and it all goes downhill from there. It’s not good. I went zip lining with my family two years ago and I cried the whole climb up the tree and the dude had to pry my hands off the ledge to let me go. It was not my best moment.
What are you afraid of?
6. I also must admit that I am gamer at heart. I have a Wii, fiancé has an XBO360 and we have a good amount of games between us. I used to also have a strong love for The SIMS computer game. Anyone out there ever play it? I really haven’t played for a while, I have way to much else going on (with school and work and running and blogging and wedding planning and all that other fun stuff we call life) and part of me feels I could (and should!) spend my time doing more productive things. I thought I had outgrown my gamer tendencies, but recently I was introduced to Guitar Hero and that may have opened up a whole new gaming addiction (see picture below). It’s nice to sit back and relax and play once in a while! Part of me feels like a bad ass that I can semi-not-really play the fake guitar! Rock on!
Anyone else like to play video games?
7. I am a closet chocoholic. My last and final secret shared tonight is that I love chocolate and candy. Like I seriously love it. They are two of my most favorite things. I know that they aren’t healthy or good for me, but you eat what you want to eat and I’ll eat what I want to eat and there shall be no judgments!
My #1 favorite is frozen M&M’s. Yum! Many of my little candy nibbles don’t make it on the blog, if you haven’t noticed! Just assume that each day I eat at least 1 piece of candy/chocolate or both. I plan to cut this back a bit for the wedding, but only for a little bit!
What’s your favorite indulgence?
Tag! You’re it! Here are 7 bloggers that I enjoy reading and tweeting and learning more about! Check them out. They are each full of amazing awesomeness!
1. My good friend Kate – She is a lover of all things Wicked as am I, so check her out. She will make you laugh!
2. Lisa Paige – I loved listening to her on the radio when she was on in Philadelphia at Q102. She recently got her dream job in NYC and I love reading about everything on her blog!
3. Jasmine – I heard you are possibly relocating to Philadelphia? Woohoo! Hopefully when you are here we can get together!
5. Dori – Another good twitter friend who I hope to one day meet when I am up in NYC for a race sometime soon!
6. Julie – Such a sweetheart! I love chatting with her! Check out her site! She is also planning an upcoming wedding!
7. Sabrina – You can only accept this award if we finally rearrange our crazy schedules and can get together for lunch again sometime this century! Yes, I am bribing you with a blog award, but I am cool with it if you are! 🙂
Hopefully you learned something you didn’t know about me from this post. Sorry it was so long, I apparently had a lot to say! I would love to learn more about my readers, so please feel free to comment on any of the questions I asked above!