Cold Running Games

Today was the first day I have run outside and not on a treadmill since the Philadelphia Half Marathon, which was 2 months ago! Like I mentioned in my return to running, I have been avoiding running in the cold like the plague! This afternoon I bundled up and was ready to brave the winter weather!

wicked 174wicked 175

I must admit, when I plan to take pictures of myself in my running gear or while running, I usually try to wear something cute or at least match a little bit. Today, I just threw on whatever was closest to me and hit the pavement. I just wanted to explain my random pink hat, light blue jacket with red trip and fuchsia shirt.

Anywho, it was a blustery day in Philadelphia today.

wicked 160

I pretty much felt hardcore running in the cold today. There was NO ONE on Kelly Drive today, which is seriously rare.

wicked 162

I got about halfway through my planned running and then decided to play with the self timer on my camera.

wicked 163

Playing with my camera at my halfway point is fun!

wicked 164

On my way back I got pretty bored and decided to play a little game with myself. I picked this dude far down the path and challenged myself to pass him within my last mile. Do you see him? He is the little dot far away on the left hand side of the path.

wicked 165

I was almost there. He was within my reach!

wicked 167

I am not sure if he slowed down, or if I sped up, but I was totally almost there! At this I had about 1/2 a mile left of my running route and I turned the speed on!

wicked 168

I passed him! Woohoo! I was trying not to 1) scare the crap out of him 2) let him think I was a stalker freak running with a camera 3) sprint and then die – SO I didn’t get a picture of me passing him, but I totally did! I was a speed demon!

The last time I played a running game I chased a crew boat! That was fun. So today I did 4 miles in 34 minutes. I felt pretty rocking.

Do you play running games?

Don’t forget to enter my Progresso giveaway! Ends tomorrow!

• Reply Jenny January 28, 2010 at 9:21 pm

your such an ambitious little runner, girl..such an inspiration 🙂

• Reply Nutritious is Delicious January 28, 2010 at 11:16 pm

You ARE hard core! I love your running games! looks like fun! 😀

• Reply Michelle January 29, 2010 at 8:40 am

I can't believe you managed to take steady shots while running. That is cute

Sadly, I play the "lets see what new trash we can see on the side of the road" game. On my walk days, I bring a bag to pick it up. It's sad that it accumulates so quickly.

Stumbled across your blog! Great read!

• Reply Charm City Kim January 29, 2010 at 1:46 pm

haha – too funny!

And I don't play games as much as I try to "save face". When I'm running a route that passes by LOTS of people, I try to pump myself up and say, "don't let 'em see you walk!"

• Reply aquaBling January 29, 2010 at 2:09 pm

This is EXACTLY how I get myself to run faster. It is much more fun if you have a goal, and for some reason, just getting to the light post doesn't really hold the same amount of joy. Glad to know I am not the only one!

• Reply Jimmy Spinelli January 29, 2010 at 4:01 pm

With all of your exercising that you do and your love for InPerspire towels, you should follow our blog http://inperspire.blogspot.com. It is very motivational, followers comment on the exercise that they do each day and at the end of the month who ever exercises the most days wins an InPerspire motivational fitness towel. Anyone can enter and follow, a new month starts in 3 days.

• Reply Becca January 30, 2010 at 12:12 am

Love love love playing running and workout games, it is all about telling my mind exactly what my body can do if I let it! Way to go for fast mileage! Today I did three 2.96 miles in 31 mins!