How Cold is Too Cold to Run Outside?

This morning I had big plans of waking up and going on a nice long run outside. When I woke up this morning the weatherman claimed it to be 24 degrees outside! Ummm….Brrr!!

How cold is too cold  for YOU to run/exercise outside?

wicked 248 wicked 249

Instead of dealing with the winter cold, I hit the gym with high hopes of running some major miles! I embraced the warmth of the complex gym. I had the place to myself so I spent the majority of the time maxing and relaxing on the treadmill while watching part of The View followed by some of an old What Not To Wear episode. I love when I get to pick what’s on TV in the gym! I try to plan my treadmill runs around certain television episodes so I am not bored while running. I could probably run for hours and hours watching some of my favorite TV shows!

Do you watch TV while running? What’s your favorite thing to watch?

wicked 250

I pounded out a little over 7 miles on the treadmill. The time flew by while I was watching the tube. With only 31 days until the Disney Princess Half Marathon and 45 days until the NYC Half Marathon, I have to get my booty in shape to RUN! I feel better now that I have pounded out more than half the race distance!

After running my little heart out I got some stretching in.

wicked 251 wicked 252

I know so many runners that are suffering from injuries right now. I am trying really hard to make stretching a bigger part of my routine. I don’t want to injure myself!

As Aileen would say, “ We want to be doing this [running] when we are 50 years old, so we need to take care of ourselves now!”

What’s your favorite way to stretch?

wicked 253

After some stretching I did some work on my abs. I do have my wedding coming up, so I got to get my abs looking fierce!

Anyone have any ab workout suggestions for me?

wicked 254

After all that I was pooped!

Incase you are wondering, yes that is my Inperspire towel wrapped around my neck. I wet it a little with water and it helps keep me cool. It also keeps the sweat from dripping all over the place. Sexy, right?

wicked 255

• Reply Nicci@NiftyEats February 1, 2010 at 10:43 pm

I like to watch Entertainment or Extra when working out…those good gossip news shows. Most of the time, I tune out b/c of my Ipod. It's around 34 in Texas, in my area, so I'm trying to stick to indoors right now.

• Reply Marisa (Loser for Life) February 1, 2010 at 10:46 pm

Yep, it's way too cold in Philly to run outside. I was hoping to get out tomorrow, but it looks like it may snow here, too! Maybe, we can get out later this week???

I like to watch Dr. OZ while I'm pounding on the treadmill at the gym 🙂

• Reply Tricia February 1, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Brrr…thats cold. Great job on the treadmill!

• Reply Tricia February 1, 2010 at 11:35 pm

Brrr…thats cold. Great job on the treadmill!

• Reply Carly February 2, 2010 at 12:28 am

I'm currently living in Maine, so I went running the other day and I think it was 7 degrees. Once you get going it's not so bad.

Oh, and I'm also hosting a Progresso Soup giveaway. I don't know if you need more soup or not 😉 but I thought I'd let you know. Or if you don't mind giving a shout out, that would be great too. Trying to increase those readers!

• Reply Jenny February 2, 2010 at 1:08 am

I am such a weather diva — I refuse to WALK outside (let alone run) if it's below 32 degrees!! Sounds like you got in a great workout in spite of the weather.

• Reply Manderz February 2, 2010 at 2:34 am

On saturday with the windchill it was -10 degrees and I stupidly went out for a run!!! NEVER AGAIN!

• Reply lauren February 2, 2010 at 3:18 am

I usually say it has to be above 32 degrees for me to run outside. I LOVE watching Sopranos or The First 48 while running on the treadmill. Hour long shows that keep my interest!

• Reply Genesis February 2, 2010 at 3:25 am

by the time i get on the treadmill Cash Cab is on and I watch that for as long as I run. it never bores me. I love trivia shows.

• Reply Rose February 2, 2010 at 4:07 am

You look so hardcore! Go you!

• Reply misszippy February 2, 2010 at 1:06 pm

I have yet to meet the temp that makes it too cold to run outside. I live in Md., so it's never tooooo bad, but I'll admit, some of my runs have been pretty cold lately. I avoid the treadmill at all costs, but when I have to, I either use my ipod or watch TV. The time drags for me either way!

• Reply check over here December 27, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Nice Web site, Preserve the fantastic work. Thanks a lot.