Kath’s SIAB – (Smoothie in a Bowl)

Last night I was inspired by Kath’s beer and this morning I was inspired by Kath’s SIAB. I have seen this on Kath’s blog many a morning and today I decided to try it for myself! You all know much immense love for the Green Monster, so how could this not be a total hit in my little breakfast world?!

I made my green monster with – spinach, almond milk, a banana, and chia seeds. I also had a little chocolate craving this morning, so I added in some Click espresso protein powder. It gave the monster a serious kick! I loved it!

Snow 608

After my monster was all blended and ready to go I picked out a pretty bowl ( it has to look good for the blog!) and poured it all in!

I then sprinkled some oats on the top and also added some Kaia Foods Buckwheat raw granola in Cocoa Bliss which was sent to me to try. I completed the SIAB with some peanut butter on top!

Snow 610

It was such a pretty creation! Almost to pretty to eat.

Almost!

Snow 609

I also made so much green monster, that I had leftover. So I enjoyed my SIAB with a side of green monster! I apparently couldn’t get enough this morning! Is there such a thing as green monster overload?

Snow 607

This was such a different change of pace than how I usually enjoy my green monster. I usually enjoy it in a massive cup with a straw and slurp on it while getting ready in the morning. Today’s creation had me sitting at the table, eating breakfast like a human being! It was nice to sit down and relax and enjoy my meal.

How do you eat your breakfast?

On the go? At the office? Do you not eat breakfast? Do you sit down and enjoy it? Let me know!

• Reply Carly February 26, 2010 at 10:34 am

I tend to eat it in front of the computer as I catch up on blogs. 🙂

• Reply Robin February 26, 2010 at 11:27 am

Hi Leslie,
    Robin from Twitter and the Turtles blog here.. not stalking, I promise! LOL Home sick for an entire week with time to catch up on blogs and all things 'social media.' Saw your blog on I Run Because I Can. As a clean-eating foodie and runner, I'm enjoying your site.

A quick bowl of bran flakes, measured carefully, with 5 minutes of Matt & Meredith (Today Show).
    🙂

• Reply Carly February 26, 2010 at 12:00 pm

I love love sitting down and eating my breakfast in the morning watching a little tv/reading some blogs I hate starting the day rushed, it makes the rest of my day feel off.

• Reply megan @ megzz wins at life February 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Must try Smoothie in a bowl!!!

I eat breakfast at my desk at work.. probably not the best way but it works..

• Reply Amanda - RunToTheFinish February 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm

It depends on the day, usually I have a little breakfast before I workout and then enjoy my monster while I'm starting work

• Reply misszippy February 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm

So funny because just this morning I was lamenting the fact that I always eat my breakfast standing up, as I move to and fro about the kitchen getting the kids ready to head out the door to school! I would love a nice long, lingering breakfast some day–it's actually my favorite meal of the day (food-wise).

• Reply davidyingling February 26, 2010 at 2:38 pm

Here is how breakfast looks for me:

M-F (my runs are in the evening): 3 eggs at 6:30 at the kitchen table and then 1 cup of whole oats sprinkled with granola and cinnamon at 9:15 in the office at my desk (I bring my own measuring cup, bowl, oats, granola, and cinnamon

S (long run in the morning): banana on the go (I drive to meet other people for the run)

Su (long run in the late morning): 1 cup of oats with granola and cinnamon at the kitchen table

• Reply Jacqui February 27, 2010 at 8:25 am

Hubby and I always sit down even for just 10 mins and have breakfast together….sometimes its the calmest part of my day!

• Reply FoodCents February 27, 2010 at 9:26 pm

I like to sit down, when I can and eat my breakfast. Sometimes I have to eat in the car, out of a jar or I go eat out someone far:)

(Baddd, huh? I have a case of something:)