Peas and Sprouts

I know that I have had Brussels Sprouts for dinner Tuesday night and Wednesday night this week, but apparently I can’t get enough!

Tonight’s dinner was inspired by Mama Pea! Ingredients included olive oil, lemon juice, chickpeas and salt n’ pepper!

wicked 334

I originally planned to make lemon chickpeas  just like Mama Pea made here, but then I decided I didn’t want to go on living without some more Brussels sprouts in my life!

wicked 335

I tossed the peas and the sprouts in a little bit of olive oil, lemon juice and some salt n’ pepper. I then let it marinate in a bowl for an hour.

wicked 337

Brussels sprouts are such a pretty green. I am in love.

wicked 338

After marinating I tossed my little mixture in the oven and baked at 375* for about 30-35 minutes, tossing every so often.

wicked 339

It was a glorious mixture.

wicked 341  wicked 343

You pretty much can’t go wrong adding lemon flavor to anything. It makes everything so fresh, it pops in your mouth!

wicked 345 wicked 346

This meal was super easy to make. I had to plan for it since the peas and sprouts had to sit for a while and marinate, but it was worth the wait! My meals this week have been full of veggies! Yum!

wicked 348

I am mentally preparing myself for the snow this weekend in Philadelphia. Today when I got home from volunteering I went on a nice 5 mile run outside since the grounds may be covered after tomorrow for a few days! I took my camera on my run with me and it was a beautiful time of the day. I went out to take some pictures for the blog and…..no memory card! Wah Wah! So I attempted to take a few running pictures for you today, but that didn’t work out so well! Next time, I promise!

Are you getting snow in your area this weekend? Where are all my readers from? Share your location, please!

I think you all know that I reside in Philadelphia, PA with fiancé and Jackson! They are predicting 12-24 inches of snow this weekend here! That’s a pretty big range! I really don’t know if these weather-people ever really know what’s going to happen weather-wise!

• Reply Cassie February 5, 2010 at 2:44 am

waaah i really don't want it to snow in philly 🙁

i'm ready for spring! i hope you have a great snowed-in weekend!!

• Reply Kayla February 5, 2010 at 2:45 am

I'm in central IL and we're supposed to get 4-6 inches over the next 36 or so hours plus there's a chance of freezing rain. I haven't been able to get out and run in 2 weeks because the roads have been covered with ice and snow 🙁

• Reply Jimmy Spinelli February 5, 2010 at 5:17 am

I am in St. Louis and we had a pretty good week of weather, but we are getting freezing rain now and it should turn to snow for the next 2 days, but I work from home at InPerspire, and the gym is close. I worked in PHL for 3 months at the airport in I think 2006, when Southwest Airlines started flying out of PHL, that was before I started InPerspire, but what a great city, and your train system is fantastic. I have nothing but fond memorys of PHL.

• Reply Paige February 5, 2010 at 12:39 pm

I'm in Southeast TN. We are in for rain with a few flurries tonight. We are supposed to get some real snowfall around Monday and Tuesday. I am a teacher, and would really enjoy a snow day right about now! LOL! Have a great weekend!

• Reply Carly February 5, 2010 at 1:09 pm

I wayyyy up in Maine, about 3 hours into the state, for school, and in the summer I'm in southern NH. No snow predictions that I see, thank goodness, just cold!

• Reply Charm City Kim February 5, 2010 at 2:10 pm

That meal looks delish! i'll have to try it (kind of bummed that I didn't see this yesterday to pick up brussels sprouts!)

And we're practically neighbors! I'm in Baltimore and we're expected to get 12-24 inches of snow. Yarg!

• Reply Cat February 5, 2010 at 8:54 pm

I'm with Charm City Kim! I live about 10 miles south of Baltimore, & the snow is coming down right now. The latest forecast said 20-30 inches… yikes!

• Reply Tara February 8, 2010 at 4:34 am

I am from St. Louis too. We were supposed to get 5-6 inches Friday, but maybe got only 3. It still hasn't melted and now they are saying up to 10 inches between Monday and Tuesday this week. It is never as bad as they say it will be though.