Will You Be My Bridesmaid?

Ok, I know the holiday season has come and gone, but I wanted to share something with the blog world. I wanted to let you all in on a little secret – How I asked my Bridesmaids to be in my wedding party. I knew right off the bat I didn’t want to ask anyone when fiancé and I announced our engagement because I wanted to do something special for my girls. So I held off talking to anyone about the wedding party for 2.5 months! It was torture!

Here is my little project.

pics 177

I started off with 4 ornaments, letters, scrapbook pictures, paint, ribbon and a paintbrush.

pics 176pics 178

When I finally decided what I wanted to do, Christmas was right around the corner! So I knew I was going to be asking my friends to be my bridesmaid when I we were each doing Christmas together.

pics 179

I took the clear ornaments and painted each of them. You can’t really tell from this picture, but its a light pink/peach color.

pics 180 pics 181

I hung the ornaments all around the apartment to dry. They were hanging all over the place!

pics 182

I hung them off lamps and blinds and wall hangings!

pics 183

After the paint dried I did the final applications and this is what I ended up with:

pics 314

I placed each ornament in the box with these words on top, so it would be the first thing they would see when they opened the box.

“Will You Be My..”

pics 315

And then on the other side I had “Bridesmaid” for 3 of the ornaments and “Maid of Honor” for the last one.

pics 316

“Will You Be My Bridesmaid?”

pics 318 pics 319 pics 320 pics 321

I also added a pink and sparkly dress to the side of the ornament to give it a little color pop and add a little fun. I wish I had known what my color scheme for the wedding was going to be then (I still don’t!) because I would have loved to color coordinate! But I thought this pink was a nice girly neutral!

pics 322 pics 323

pics 324 pics 325

And here is one of them on the tree!

pics 401   pics 404

What do you think? If you are married or engaged, how did you ask your bridesmaids? Or have you ever been asked to be in a wedding party a special way?

Let me know! I would love to hear everyone’s stories.

I really wanted to do something that each of my friends could have as a keepsake. I put a lot of thought and time (and love!) into these so I hope they loved them!

And guess what else…..

They all said YES!!

• Reply Lacey February 1, 2010 at 2:35 pm

what a fabulous idea!!!! i have never heard of "special" asking but i love it. and these are beautiful they look professional. you seriously made them look amazing. 🙂

• Reply sweettater February 1, 2010 at 2:49 pm

that is so cute! i love it.

• Reply Julie @SavvyEats February 1, 2010 at 3:12 pm

How cute! Love it!

• Reply Cassie February 1, 2010 at 3:29 pm

oh this is fantastic! i had these huge hopes of asking my bridesmaids in a cute fashion… but i kept finding the perfect opportunities to spend time with them and ask them before i had figured out my plan of attack. i still have 2 bridesmaids that i need to ask, so i'm hoping to still do something cute for them. for the others, i've just written cute notes and found a pretty picture frame, etc. i LOVE the crafty-ness though!

• Reply Megan @ Megzz Wins At Life February 1, 2010 at 3:58 pm

such a cute idea!!! Adorable!!

• Reply savoringsarah February 1, 2010 at 4:16 pm

Awwwww this is SUCH a cute idea!! Creative & original, I love it. I bet you are going to have a blast finding little ways to personalize other aspects of your wedding 🙂 I think that is what makes a wedding go from great to INCREDIBLE!

• Reply Katie@ Two Lives, One Lifestyle February 1, 2010 at 6:54 pm

I just found your blog through Olivia's blog and these are too cute. What a creative idea and well-done! I've received really pretty cards from the two bride's I've been a bridesmaid for. I'm going to read some more now 🙂

• Reply Miss Anne February 1, 2010 at 8:06 pm

THAT is an adorable idea. SOunds like a great group of girls!~

• Reply Steel Springs February 1, 2010 at 11:21 pm

This is a really cute idea!

• Reply lauren February 2, 2010 at 3:16 am

I love that! I just recently asked everyone also. I pulled together old/new photos of each of my bridesmaids. Then I made customized cards online with the pictures and an inside jokes or a memory written. And then I asked them. It was fun to do and I think everyone liked them since they all said yes. 😉

• Reply Rose February 2, 2010 at 4:09 am

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I can't even say it enough!

• Reply kAteMonSter February 2, 2010 at 6:56 pm

The pictures do not give any justice to how cute and fabulous the ornaments really are.

I love them and Leslie def should up Martha Stewart and any Wedding magazine or planner…

so excited and honored.

xoxo

• Reply RhodeyGirl February 3, 2010 at 10:49 pm

these came out gorgeous!

more wedding planning posts please!