Dissections

Sorry I went missing from the blog world yesterday! I have good reason, which you will see below. Before that I wanted to share with you what I have been doing in my Anatomy and Physiology lab the past two weeks:

Dissection!

Yes, that’s right. I was tweeting about it both mornings, but I had to do a cow’s eyeball and a sheep’s brain. Yuck! It was kind of traumatizing, but I did it. I also am a freak and took pictures to send to fiance and my parents, so if you would like to see some dissection in action, shoot me an email and I will send some shots your way. I figured I would spare those reading the blog who didn’t want to see it. But here is my dissection tray, isn’t she a beaut?

March 351

Have you ever had to dissect anything? I was happy that I didn’t have to do anything like this in high school, but it wasn’t as bad as it sounds.

So the reason I wasn’t around yesterday was because I had a visitor come up to Philadelphia to stay with me for a few days!

Meet BFF Michelle.

IMG_7929

She is a teacher in Virginia and has Spring Break (Woohoo!) this week so she came up to stay with me for a few days. I took off work and we are going to spend today frolicking around the city! She’s never been to Philly so I can’t wait to show her around!

IMG_7931

Last night we went out to dinner when she got here and had a great time. We always have so much fun together!

I will fill you in on all our fun later, but for now we are off to take on the city! Ciao!

IMG_7943

Don’t forget to enter my EnviTote Giveaway! I will be picking a winner later tonight!

• Reply Kelly March 31, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Have a great day with your BFF, should be beautiful out!

• Reply Katie March 31, 2010 at 3:30 pm

I had to dissect a fetal pig once and didn't eat ham for years. Before that, ham was my favorite sandwich! Ew. Have tons of fun with your friend!

• Reply Carly March 31, 2010 at 4:54 pm

We dissected frogs in 9th grade. It was gross and it smelled awful. And to top it all off, I was in a group of 3 and ended up doing it by myself because the both got nauseous and did a virtual dissection. And that's why I'm not a bio major.

• Reply Miss Anne March 31, 2010 at 5:32 pm

🙂 Hope your BFF time is awesome!

I did the fetal pig dissection in hs… altho i wish i would have been able to do a cadaver in college.. i should have pursued anatomy a bit more!

so interesting eh?

• Reply C.G. the Foodie March 31, 2010 at 5:54 pm

I dissected a frog in high school and a fish in 6th grade. It was pretty cool, I'm not going to lie.

• Reply Ashley March 31, 2010 at 6:10 pm

I cut into the skin of a fetal pig in college but I could not handle the eyeball and brain, no way!

• Reply ladypurpl March 31, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Gross, but glad you were able to do it! I did some dissecting in 9th grade biology, that's it! I'm glad you are having a fun day with Michelle, enjoy your day!