TableArt

********************************************************

Attention Philly Runners: I am thinking about signing up for the ODDyssey Half Marathon, which is being held on May 29th. The race is literally right outside my window and half of the race is right on Kelly Drive (aka – my regular running route). I haven’t signed up yet, but I think I am going to. I wanted to know if any of my Philly friends  are running it.

I would love to run this with a running buddy.

If you need running buddy references, ask Kelly. I think she would tell you that I was a good time during the Disney Princess Half!

Let me know if you want to run with me. I don’t plan on going too fast since I am signing up for this sort of last minute! I would love to run this at a slower pace to get me ready for marathon training pace!

***********************************************************

Don’t forget – Tonight is the Philly Foodie Meet-up! I am so excited to meet everyone that is coming! If you want to come last minute, hit me up and I can get you on the list! Stay tuned for a recap!

**********************************************************

Ok, so on to this post! Remember last week when I announced that I am one of the new bridal bloggers for Philadelphia Magazine? Well I got a special delivery from a local Philadelphia florist to congratulate me on my new gig! Check out this awesome bouquet:

April 290

The super sweet people at TableArt sent me this awesome arrangement to congratulate me.

April 292

If they wanted to get my attention, they certainly got it! What better way to get a bride-to-be to check out your stuff than to send her a sample?! I love it!  April 294

Obviously these flowers totally brightened my day, they were so gorgeous. I love the light pink ribbon flowing all around it too!

April 295

Since fiancé and I still have over a year before the big day, we are taking our time picking out vendors and deciding on the overall ‘look’ of the wedding. We haven’t decided on anything other than the date, time and place, but these flowers sure would look awesome on the reception tables!

April 303

I feel like picking the flowers should be the easiest thing in a wedding because fresh flowers are always so gorgeous. I just have a hard time making up my mind of what I want, and in situations like these I want to just trust the florist to make some awesome creation.

Do you have any suggestions for me on picking wedding flowers?

April 302

What do you think of the flowers sent to me by TableArt?

April 304

• Reply Kelly April 20, 2010 at 12:52 pm

Wow that bouquet is beautiful, I love it! SO excited for tonight!

• Reply Carly April 20, 2010 at 12:54 pm

I just picked out flowers for my wedding back in March and it was so hard. It didn't help that my uncle is my florist and took me to a giant floral mart and told me to pick whatever I want. Yikes! I say pick the colors you want first, then find flowers that come in those colors. Considering things that are in season (read: cheaper) is also a great way to narrow things down. Good luck!

• Reply Melissa April 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Hey Leslie – I'm registered for the half on the 29th! My PR for a half is 2 hr and 32 seconds so I just really want to get under 2 hrs – maybe even with some time to spare? 🙂 I'll have to see how I'm doing in training runs closer to the date. I'll be at dinner tonight so we can discuss there! Looking forward to meeting you 🙂

• Reply Lauren April 20, 2010 at 1:57 pm

I am debating signing up for it! It would be my first half, but I've been training for the Broad Street Run, and figure why stop with upping my mileage for now.

• Reply Genesis April 20, 2010 at 3:23 pm

pick flowers that are in season so they dont have to ship them in from god knows where…and maybe even go with a local florist who owns their own floral farm…like im doing…a) you help local business b) you are being environmentally friendly c) budget friendly

• Reply I Love Your Whole Face April 20, 2010 at 3:54 pm

I will be out of town for that half but it looks like fun. contemplating a trail run at Wissahickon for the following weekend…. dirty running shoes anyone?

• Reply gretchen April 20, 2010 at 4:25 pm

first time commenter, but i've been reading for a bit 🙂 just moved to philly and am running broad street…i was also thinking of signing up for that half. my half PR is 1:54, but i wouldn't necessarily be looking to blow that out of the water. would love to have people to run with!

• Reply Lisa April 20, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Those flowers are gorgeous!
    And I'm so excited about the meet up- see ya there!

• Reply Charm City Kim April 20, 2010 at 11:05 pm

beautiful bouquet!

my suggestion for flowers – have an idea of what you want, know what is in season and don't let them pressure you into getting things you don't necessarily need!

• Reply amanda April 21, 2010 at 2:27 am

those flowers are sooooo pretty! i love them!

mmm, and i'm so not ready for that run. but i wish i were!

• Reply katherine April 21, 2010 at 12:58 pm

I think looking around and having some initial thoughts is helpful, but you should definitely feel like you can trust your florist. When I met with mine, I told her our color scheme, a few of the specific flowers I liked, and a few no-nos (rhinestones, lillies, carnations) and she came up with gorgeous bouquets that were a wonderful wedding day surprise!

• Reply ladypurpl April 22, 2010 at 11:47 am

Wow, the flower arrangement is so gorgeous! Remember to pick flowers that are in season and use flower colors to complement your color theme. I wished that I was a runner, I would certainly run with you!