Australia’s Favorite Treat

Do you have a favorite treat?

I am a self proclaimed choco-holic. I love chocolate in all forms, shapes and sizes! It’s one of my favorite things!

When I was in Australia during my Junior year, where I spent the Spring semester abroad, I fell in love with chocolate Down Under.

pics 782

Specifically I fell in love with Tim Tam’s.

My friends, Julie and Steph and I were obsessed with these bad boys!

pics 783

They are pretty much chocolate covered heaven.

pics 785

Tim Tam’s come in two types – Chocolate Creme and Caramel. Both are equally delicious, I honestly can’t pick a favorite!

pics 786

I actually jumped for joy when I was wandering through my local Target (I also love Target almost as much as I love Tim Tam’s!) and found my favorite treat from Oz! I called Steph and Julie and immediately let them in on the news!

S & J  were just as excited as I was! If that’s not true friendship, I don’t know what is!

pics 787

Tim Tam’s might not be the healthiest snack on the market, but they remind me of all my fun times in Australia with some amazing people. I am pumped I can enjoy them at home in the States!

Everything in moderation people!

What’s your favorite treat? What’s your favorite splurge?

*****************************************************

Don’t forget to enter my BeautyFix giveaway! It ends today!

****************************************************

• Reply Manda Adelaide June 11, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Hey from the land down under,
    We now have a huge range of Tim Tams now….from white choc to double choc to honeycomb 😀

• Reply PhillyGirlRuns June 11, 2010 at 1:19 pm

You should go to Ants Pants — it's a fabulous little Aussie breakfast/lunch place on South Street, between 22d and 23d. They have Tim Tams and coffee, Violet Crumble shakes, and all kind of other Australian snacky stuff. Not to mention the best sweet potato fries EVER! It's around the corner from me — maybe we should do a little Philly blogger brunch 🙂

• Reply Cara June 11, 2010 at 1:28 pm

Haha when I was in Australia, I went to an ice cream shop, and they had a "Tim Tam" flavor. I asked what it was, and the guy looked at me like I was crazy! I guess that'd be like asking what "Oreo" flavor would be here! I ended up ordering it, and it was delicious!

• Reply Genesis June 11, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I LOVE TIM TAMS! I grew up on tim tams although im not an Aussie, I did grow up in the South Pacific. ugh i wish we had a target nearby. I am honestly *this close* to licking the screen.

• Reply C.G. the Foodie June 11, 2010 at 3:45 pm

My favorite treat is also from Australia. Violet Crumble!!!! Yum.

• Reply Carly June 11, 2010 at 5:46 pm

I love anything chocolate as weel. I also enjoy ice cream and peanut butter. Those are all indulgences for me. Yum!

• Reply Dana June 11, 2010 at 6:05 pm

I also studied abroad in Australia. Tim Tams are sooo good! While there, I learned to dunk them in Hot Chocolate then eat. Kinda like the Oreo in milk effect. You should try it!

• Reply Amy Richards June 11, 2010 at 11:19 pm

You gotta do Tim Tam Slams with those! Take one, bite a little off each end, then stick it in hot chocolate or coffee, slurp some through (only a couple seconds!) and stick the rest of the Tim Tam in your mouth. It gets so soft and tasty from the hot liquid – yum!!!

• Reply littlemisspotato June 12, 2010 at 4:29 am

Those look so yummy!
    I love wafer cookies and chocolate covered rasins. Can't go wrong 😉

• Reply Nicci June 12, 2010 at 6:53 pm

I love to splurge on a ice cream sundae from McD's wth peanuts. Reminds me of the Peanut buster parfait form DQ but smaller & fewer cals. lol

• Reply ladypurpl June 14, 2010 at 1:12 am

Wow, I need to try those Tim Tams and we need to visit that Ants Pants – what's a violet crumble?
    I love anything chocolate, but have really started loving dark chocolate M&M's and also dark chocolate Reese's. YUMMY!!