Marathon Pace

I came home to a wonderful surprise today!

cherries 002

Glee was waiting for me in my mailbox! I opened up the package and started jumping up and down I was so excited! I have had Glee #1 on my Netflix queue ever since it came out on DVD and I was STILL waiting for it! Months later!

Luckily, after a few Glee Soundtrack musical sing along’s in my car with Meghann and Ashley  during the North Face Endurance Relay weekend, the ladies knew of my love for Glee, even though I have never seen an episode.

They sent me this lovely little treat and I couldn’t be more excited to watch my first episode! I love my blog friends! Thanks ladies!

cherries 004

In other running news, I got new kicks! (Thanks Mom!)

cherries 006

I took these babies out on a little 5 mile run at the beach on Saturday and today I did a little treadmill running action too.

With my crazy schedule these days I am having trouble finding time to run early morning or late at night, so I have been getting my runs in during the day. Unfortunately it’s been so hot during the day I have to run inside on the treadmill so I don’t melt away!

cherries 007

I love these new shoes. I am a serious Asics lover! My past three pairs of running shoes have been Asics.  They are awesome!

cherries 008

Since I will soon be officially training for the Chicago Marathon (and the NYC Marathon) I decided I needed some new kicks in my life.

My new shoes got me thinking about my goals for my upcoming marathons. Everyone I have talked to about marathon training talks about how marathon pace is different from every other pace. Most people have told me it’s so much slower than your normal pace. That you slow down your pace as the miles pile up.

This doesn’t make sense to me.

Why wouldn’t you keep training the way you have been training with your ‘race pace’ and continue on your mileage with that? I am new to the whole marathon training thing so any words of wisdom would be really awesome!

What are your thoughts on marathon race pace?

cherries 009cherries 010

Today is also officially TWO very important things!

cherries 012

1) It’s the first day of summer

2) 11 months and counting until our wedding!

Double yay for both of those things!

cherries 013

I have a very exciting evening planning for tonight! Stay tuned!

• Reply KAteMonSter June 21, 2010 at 5:33 pm

dear love bug marathoner.. ull burn through thoe pair of new kicks by aug for sure.. mid august/early sept ull be buying the pair u should wear for CHI/NYC
    xoxo

• Reply ladypurpl June 21, 2010 at 5:35 pm

Wow, what a nice gift from Ashley and Meghan – enjoy! Love you new shoes, take it easy on dear old mom though! Countdown continues – your big day will be here before you know it – lots to do! Getting excited!

• Reply Becky June 21, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Great thoughts on pace – my thoughts exactly! I am beginning week two of training for my first marathon. I've been running my usual pace. I feel unsure of how to pace as the mileage creeps up.

It seems that if you've been running and training at one pace, you'd continue at that pace.

It will be interesting to see how the training progresses!

Good luck and happy running!

• Reply amanda June 21, 2010 at 6:27 pm

love the new sneaks! blog friends really are the best! yayyy for your new box set.

• Reply Meghann June 22, 2010 at 8:18 am

I'm so glad you enjoyed your gift! No girl should ever go without watching Glee! Enjoy your new addiction!!

also, nice shoes! I really, really need to get a new pair to start training with too. I just need to find the time to go to the running store… time? what time?!?!

• Reply Holly June 22, 2010 at 11:47 am

Enjoy Glee! I love that show.

• Reply Amanda - RunToTheFinish June 22, 2010 at 4:38 pm

right now I have my fingers crossed that saturday I can hit my desired pace… in retrospect I wish more of my long runs had been at pace

• Reply Megan June 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Oh my word, I'm jealous! I hope you love it — I know you will! Can't wait for your reviews. And giggles. haha

• Reply Megan June 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm