Lusting after LUSH

I am in love with LUSH products. They smell amazing, they feel amazing, I think they are great products.

Yesterday I went on a little shopping date with Lauren and we hit up a bunch of stores – one of which being Lush in Center City.

DSC_0570

I picked up a few different goodies that I wanted to share with my readers!

First I picked up a solid shampoo bar in the Godiva scent. I was very intrigued by these bars because they are supposed to last for over 80 washes, which I think is pretty awesome!

DSC_0556

It is made of cocoa and shea butters which combine to create a rich, thick feel to the lather. They combination also moisturizes the hair follicles and condition to make hair soft.

It is jasmine scented and smells amazing.

Side Note: Godiva is named after the woman who famously rode through the streets of Coventry with only her long flowing locks to cover her modesty. She was protesting against the taxes which her husband was planning to introduce

DSC_0557DSC_0558

I also picked up a Too Drunk Emotibomb, not to cure any possibly future hangovers, but to ward off a pending sickness. With my first marathon a few days away, and the weather being a little crazy, I picked up this little number to help if I was starting to feel icky.

DSC_0559

This Emotibomb is made with fennel and peppermint oil. The deep aroma of fennel brings concentration and focus back to the mind and peppermint for pain relief and reducing mental fatigue.

DSC_0560

You toss this on the floor of the shower and let the aromatherapy help you feel better! I might bring this to Chicago because I tend to get head colds when I travel!

Better safe than sorry!

DSC_0561DSC_0562

I also picked up a T’eo deodorant bar too. I have been wanting to explore other deodorant options because I have heard than natural options are better for women, I forget where, but just something I heard. I am still going to use my regular stuff for exercising, but I wanted to see how this goes.

DSC_0554

This bar is filled with lemongrass, juniper berry, tea tree and lemon essential oils help to combat bacteria and microbes.

The bar itself is magnesium carbonate which is a solid, white mineral, and frequently occurs in nature mixed with calcite, forming dolomite or dolomitic limestone deposits. It acts as a perfume carrier in T’Eo.

It’s also vegan!

DSC_0555

My most favorite thing from LUSH is their Bath Bomb – and my most favoritest (is that a word? because it should be!) scent is Honey Bee. Oh me, oh my it smells like heaven!

DSC_0569

I really love all the fresh products that Lush has to offer. There really are some different, fun products to try there.

DSC_0565

While some of the products can be a little on the more expensive side, I really like buying gifts at Lush, or treating myself to something fun there once in a while!

DSC_0566

Are you a LUSH fan? What’s your favorite product? What do they have there that you would want to try?

DSC_0571

If you want to check out the rest of my afternoon with Lauren, check out her post here! 🙂

**********************************************

The winner of the Chex Mix Giveaway is Megan!

• Reply Megan @ A Very Meg Girl September 30, 2010 at 9:32 pm

Sooooo Happy I won!!! 🙂 I never win anything!!

• Reply Eric October 1, 2010 at 8:20 am

dont be afraid of the teo for working out! I use that or greeench everyday riding 🙂

• Reply kilax October 1, 2010 at 10:02 am

I LOVE Lush too! Especially the "Honey I washed the kids" soap and the pink glittery bathboms (pleases my inner 10-year-old)!

• Reply DionneRobertson October 1, 2010 at 10:53 am

I LOVE Lush products. I use their shampoo bar in Karma. I've been using this bar for around 2 months now. I also use their soap, color corrector, face bar, and moisturizer. I REALLY want to go by soon to get some of their salt scrub.

I've been interested in their bath bombs. Do you just crumble some off, or do you put the entire thing in?

Let us know about the deoderant. I've been too scared to switch from my current one because it's the ONLY natural product I've found that works!

• Reply stampylisa October 1, 2010 at 12:25 pm

love their scents, hate that they put parabens in their lotions though. boo on that. maybe it wasn't parabens, but something in them that stopped me from buying more.

• Reply Jx October 1, 2010 at 1:19 pm

I have been using T'eo for about a year now (it's the only deodorant I use, and it never lets me down!), and wanted to share how I use it…after trying many different ways, this seems to work the best! 🙂 I use the jagged edge of a key to lightly scratch the surface of the bar & loosen up some powder, then dump the powder into my hand and apply it directly to my pits with my hand. A little bit of T'eo powder has a great drying effect if you are re-applying after getting a little sweaty too! (Don't rub the entire bar on a sweaty pit – the moisture will soak into the bar and cause it to harden!)

Also – to make your Emotibomb last a little longer, put the drain plug in your tub before you drop it to the floor! The scent will last much longer and it creates a great "foot bath" for your feet to soak in while you shower! 🙂

Great purchases! I am a total "Lushie" LOL….I am sure you will enjoy everything!!!

• Reply ladypurpl October 1, 2010 at 2:37 pm

I have bought gifts at Lush! I do like their products and really should treat myself too.

• Reply Veggies, Cake & Cocktails October 1, 2010 at 5:44 pm

I haven't gotten anything from lush in a long time but I would say the bath bombs are my favorite.