Finisher’s Pride

Today was an exciting day for me! I got to do something I have been waiting do to since early this summer when I started marathon training.

I have been patiently waiting for the day that I could officially call myself a marathoner. I have also been waiting for the day where I could put a big 26.2 magnet on my car!

DSC_0001

And today was that day! Woohoo!

I was so excited I picked up this amazing 10*10*10 Chicago 26.2 magnet at the Health & Fitness Expo. It looks perfect on my car. Now I get to ride all around town telling the world I am a Marathoner – Booyah!

DSC_0006

At the airport the other day, Fiancé picked up this little number for me too – The paper that lists all the 2010 Chicago Marathon Finishers

DSC_0012

DSC_0014

Lots of McDermott’s ran this race! Lots of FAST McDermott’s at that! I am just excited my name is in there 🙂

DSC_0013

My race board used to be pretty empty, but it has filled up a lot this past year! I am very proud of all my accomplishments.

On the board is 1 Marathon, 1 Triathlon, 7 Half Marathons, 1 Endurance Relay, 1 10k, 1  5 Miler,  3 5K’s and another thing or two have made appearances on the board as well!

DSC_0016

I am sort of loving my newest addition to the board.

DSC_0018 DSC_0019

I am also loving my friends who sent me cards and notes and care packages supporting me for my first marathon!

DSC_0024

Thanks to everyone online, in real life and beyond for your support!

*****************************************

How do you show your finisher’s pride after a race?

• Reply amanda October 13, 2010 at 4:01 pm

philadelphia, represent!

way to go, girl. you must be so ecstatic!

• Reply Betsy October 13, 2010 at 4:03 pm

I drank all the beer in Chicago to celebrate my accomplishment.

I don't really save race metals and bibs, but may have to save this one.

• Reply Amanda (Two Boos Who Eat) October 13, 2010 at 4:33 pm

I LOVE your race board! Such a good idea. I haven't done anything with my race stuff. I should!

• Reply Emily October 13, 2010 at 4:56 pm

I used to hate wearing bling around on race day, but my mom made me do it after my first marathon and we ran into a table full of studly guys who also raced. Now I don't mind sporting the medal…

I also make (I'm a few races behind…) frames with my race bib and the best photos from each marathon. I want to some day have a room full of them!

• Reply track coach and adorable wife October 13, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Your car looks very studly now! If I ever did a marathon I would probably brand my car too. Maybe after the hubs does his we will have to get something for our wheels! Way to go!

• Reply Allie October 13, 2010 at 6:23 pm

Congrats girl, I can't wait till I get to put my 26.2 sticker on my car, it's a big deal. Way to go!!!

• Reply ladypurpl October 13, 2010 at 9:38 pm

I think you need a bigger race board! Really, really cool that Fiance found that paper with every finisher listed. A proud Philadelphian/Virginian! Savor your accomplishment, I'm sure it's one of many to come!

• Reply Forward Foot Strides October 13, 2010 at 10:02 pm

Super thoughtful of your man to get that paper!

I bask in finishing races by crawling into my bed. I like to sleep, and I figure I deserve it after running.

• Reply Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point October 25, 2010 at 9:44 am