The Beverages of Champions!

I have been making lots of delicious treats with my new Vita-Mix and I wanted to bring back an old favorite for you today!

I haven’t showed my beloved green monsters on the blog in a while and since it’s marathon week for me, you better believe I am loading up on these every morning!

DSC_0955

Lots of good stuff going on in this monster – spinach, almond milk, banana, chia and flax seeds and some Vega powder.

DSC_0956

I topped it off with some pumpkin and some ice – and it went from this:

DSC_0961

To this!

DSC_0962

My new Vita-Mix makes the smoothest smoothies EVER!

DSC_0964

This is pretty much what I have been drinking so far this week – H20 and green monsters! I got to get my hydration on!

DSC_1004

The beverages of champions!

DSC_1005

Green monsters are one of my favorite ways to start the day! They are even more fun to drink out of 32 oz. ball jars!

DSC_1010

Are you a green monster fan?

DSC_1013

In other news – check out what I got in the mail! My Chicago Marathon Participant Guide!

DSC_1014

It’s so official! And so real! And only a few days away! Ahh!

If you would like to track me my bib is #8746 – positive and happy marathon running vibes are also welcome!

DSC_1015

I was even more pumped when I opened up the guide and saw this! I am so excited to have the honor of being in a Seeded Start Corral!

DSC_1016

On the back was a handy dandy map which shows me exactly where to go in the expo (which looks massively huge!) to get my bib! I love this pocket sized guide! So fun!

DSC_1017

DSC_1019

I am off to go pack my bags! We leave bright and early for Chicago tomorrow morning! I am not excited to get up super early to catch our flight, but I AM super excited to just get to Chicago. It will be fun to have all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday before the race on Sunday to check out some sights!

Any Chicago travel suggestions for me? What should we see and do when we get there?

• Reply Nicole October 6, 2010 at 9:35 am

Dinner at Carmines, of course!
    1043 North Rush Street
    Chicago, Illinois 60611
    (312) 988-7676

Have a great trip! Good luck, you will do great and will feel like a million bucks for this accomplishment!

• Reply Emily October 6, 2010 at 10:00 am

My biggest advice is to give yourself TONS of time to get to the start line. Last year all my friends were in the mass start but I was in one of the Corrals and had to fight through approx 45,000 runners to get to the corral bag check and the gates. I definitely nearly missed the gun!

And deep dish pizza makes the perfect post-marathon meal!

• Reply Megan @ A very Meg Girl October 6, 2010 at 10:30 am

I am so jealous of your Vita mix.. I want one soo bad! I desperatly need a green monster.. If there where only more time in my day!! GOod Luck! I will be traCKing you!

• Reply Rose October 6, 2010 at 11:10 am

Looks like you are in Vita-Mix Heaven. A good place to be!

• Reply Brittney October 6, 2010 at 11:48 am

I'm constantly dehydrated and often start my day with a green monster to help with that.
    Good luck with your marathon!!!

• Reply Nichole October 6, 2010 at 12:45 pm

I was digging the green smoothie in a mason jar…then I got distracted thinking about Chicago. YOU WILL LOVE IT!! There is SO much to do. Hit up Rush for a fun night on the town, amazing food/drinks. Rockit Bar -> MY FAVE. OMG so jealous. The museaums, etc. I could go on I guess:)

• Reply Julie October 6, 2010 at 12:47 pm

Good luck, I know you will do great!! So excited for you!!! I will be tracking you 🙂 Sending good juju your way!

• Reply kilax October 6, 2010 at 3:53 pm

Make sure you go to Mellineum Park, which is right by the start. Do the Chicago Arhitectural Boat Tour if you have time!