The Search for the Perfect Limo

Last week, Fiancé and I went on the search for the perfect wedding day limo. Normally, I would do a search like this online, but there are a few different limo locations near us so we decided to check them out in person.

And I am so glad we did!

I didn’t know what to expect as I have never been limo shopping before and we didn’t really know exactly what we wanted for the limo on our wedding day, but we both knew we wanted to check out some different options.

DSC_0393

I have posted before a little bit about our wedding party, specifically how I asked my bridesmaids, so you may know that I have 4 girls on my side. Charles is still deciding between having 4-6 friends on his side.  We are at a bit of a crossroads deciding how big of a limo we actually need. A 10 person limo and a 12 person limo can be a big difference financially!

DSC_0401

Aside from learning about the financial difference in the sizes of limos we also learned about the craziness of the limo interiors! You might see a perfectly lovely limo from the outside, but inside, it can be a nightmare. Leopard wall lining, the name of the limo company flashing in bright lights, questionable leather choices there is a fine line between cute and tacky, and if  you have to question that line, it’s probably tacky.

DSC_0392

There were a few limos that we liked – we are fans of the classic limo look. I also enjoyed the Porche and Range Rover limos. There were also a few we didn’t like and know that we have no need for such as the huge Hummers and the massive 30 seating limo with a dance floor in the back. Seriously, who rents those?

Those are just some of the things that we like and didn’t like about some of the limos we saw. It is going to be hard to pick one, but I am going to have to pick one fast because not only is our date during a very busy time for weddings, we will also be competing with High School Proms and other events that would be booking limos during the same time!

DSC_0395

How did you pick your wedding limo? What went into your thought process when making a decision?

DSC_0406

What are your thoughts on limo colors? Which do you think is more appropriate for a wedding – Black or white?

****************************************************************

For more information on our upcoming wedding check out my All Things Wedding Post here. If you would like to check out my Bridal Blogger posts for Philadelphia Magazine, check those out here!

• Reply Jacqui November 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Hubby and I had a smaller white limo for he and I then we got a silver Limo bus for the bridal party. It was easier for my bridesmaids to get in and out of and not be sliding across seats.

• Reply Julie @ Honey B. Nutrition November 23, 2010 at 2:30 pm

I always like black best no matter the occasion, it just looks classy. That's hilarious about the interiors – not everyone is using the limos for weddings, ha!

• Reply amanda November 23, 2010 at 3:20 pm

i think black is classic. i'm not a fan of white…i feel like p.diddy should be stepping out or something. haha.

what a fun day of limo searching. a dance stage in the back sounds dreamy…but you're right…who orders that??

• Reply Brie @ Brie Fit November 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm

We didn't get a limo. Prices were insane because we got married in the middle of Prom season, and our ceremony and reception were about 5 minutes apart. We ended up renting a towncar from a regular rental place for us, and our bridal party took their own cars.

• Reply dina November 23, 2010 at 8:04 pm

We nearly had a limo, but then in the end we were persuaded to have a classic car. I can't remember which car we had, but it was a beautiful old one with wooden and leather interior and plenty of room.

• Reply Carly November 23, 2010 at 8:29 pm

Well, we didn't get to pick ours because my uncle rented one for us as a gift (he drives for the company on the weekends). It was white and it was pretty standard.
    We only used it to get the girls to the ceremony and then the hubs and I rode alone to the reception, which was really a treat. It was the only time we got alone that day! hahaha…

• Reply Nichole November 23, 2010 at 11:34 pm

You could always go Eddie Murphy limo style – classic 80s:)

I like Black, hey do an Escalade, lol.

Anything with a fun reflective mirror has my vote. OR the hot tub option, wow limos are where it's at!

• Reply Laura A. November 24, 2010 at 12:16 am

Black…but we actually got a limo bus and I'll tell you why! One:it just seemed a bit roomier for everyone. Two: No one had to crawl over anybody to get in and out. But Three (and most important, I thought): As a bride in a pretty white dress it was so much easier to walk up into a limo bus than it was to get down and literally skootch over in order to sit in a limo.

If that's not your style have you ever thought of those cute little trolley's?! That would be great in May! Just a few suggestions 🙂

• Reply ladypurpl November 24, 2010 at 3:50 am

I vote for Black in Limo colors – but as always it's your and fiance's choice.

• Reply Anonymous November 25, 2010 at 4:28 am

We went with Kings Limos. They were the cheapest but had the best reputation from all of my friends and families. We had a small wedding party and ordered their smallest wedding bus. Unfortunately, this bus had a mechanical problem the day of our wedding so they sent us their 20 person bus. We had 8 people in a limo bus for 20 people. The tax and gratuity were also included in the price. They were fantastic!