Dancing is Dreaming with your Feet

Tonight Fiancé and I had a special little excursion out to Society Hill in Philadelphia. We met up with his parents and enjoyed a private dance lesson provided by the wonderful people at Society Hill Dance Academy. Most dance studios offer the first class complimentary, so the 4 of us took advantage of that tonight. We are all in the market for some lessons, obviously Fiancé and I need to get our dancing shoes on for the upcoming Big Day, and his parents wanted to take some lessons as well – so we decided to make an evening out of it, and I am so glad we did!

DSC_1864

We started with two wonderful teachers for the four of us and tonight we just went over the basics. We learned the box step and proper posture and form and did a few other steps as well. The 45 minute class flew by and before I knew it – I was hooked!

I had a blast learning the steps with Fiancé from the very basics, it was fun dancing together and giving some thought as to what we want our first dance as husband and wife to be (any suggestions?). At first, Fiancé wasn’t too excited about the whole ‘dancing lessons’ idea, I don’t know many guys who would be, and I think he feared it would ruin his street rep 😉 but after a while, I knew he was enjoying himself.

DSC_1865

We are still trying to figure out how the classes would work around our crazy schedule, but we both had a wonderful time tonight and look forward to signing up for a 5 or 6 week course. Our first dance as Husband and Wife is something that is important to both of us, and we want it to be a good one. I know the dancing skills we learn now will be fun to use in the future at other events, and it will be something fun for us to do as a couple too!

Did you or would you take dancing lessons before your wedding day?

• Reply HangryPants January 10, 2011 at 11:34 pm

We are thinking about it for the first dance. When else would you ever get away with it?!

• Reply Carly January 11, 2011 at 11:03 am

No, we didn't take lessons. It didn't really bother me and we besides, no one stepped on the others toes anyway. 🙂

• Reply Hope January 11, 2011 at 11:50 am

My boyfriend and I have already decided that we are definitely taking dancing lessons. He has two left feet! Haha. I would like our first dance choreographed so it looks beautiful. 🙂

• Reply gwenniepie.com January 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm

We took classes and it was a blast. I LOVE dancing so this was fun for us as a couple activity. Our first dance was way more choreographed than we are as a couple, but it still looked natural and fun and "us" too.

• Reply Abby @ Have Dental Floss, Will Travel January 11, 2011 at 2:39 pm

I love that you took the class with your husband's parents!

My husband and I took swing lessons before our wedding. We didn't end up taking advantage of it that day, but we've had lots of fun pulling out some moves at other people's weddings.

• Reply Patty O January 11, 2011 at 9:42 pm

Love that you and fiance are serious about your first dance as husband and wife. It's a great couple activity and good exercise too! I knew both of you would have a good time. Good for you, hope it continues!

• Reply Jes January 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm

I definitely want to take lessons! I am dreadful at dancing. LOL