Eggs and Toast

It has been a fantastic weekend. It started off so good because I have been able to sleep in a bit, fiancé and I hit the gym together and then he has made breakfast both mornings! Love that!

I love eggs and toast for breakfast, but I don’t like preparing the eggs for myself. Don’t know why, it just freaks me out a bit – but I love when fiancé makes them for me!

DSC_2506

Two eggs, over medium, Two pieces of whole wheat toast and a side of grapes.

DSC_2507

Its a great way to start the day!

DSC_2508

Yesterday Fiancé and I had a fun day doing a few things for the wedding. We went and did a little wedding ring shopping (which was just as awesome as it sounds!) I feel in love pretty easily. I want a band that matches the smaller diamonds in my engagement ring.

Done and done.

Picture 280

Fiancé was a bit harder to shop for. Since he, like many other guys out there, has never worn a ring before, his wedding ring will be a first for him. He tried on almost every ring in the store – and found a few that he liked and that fit him. Since we still have some time before the big day (111 days to go, but who’s counting?) we are going to wait a bit before purchasing, but it was so fun to check out wedding bands!

Anyone have any advice for ring shopping with your fiancé who is a first time ring wearer?

After ring shopping we headed off to the mall to do a little updating on our wedding registry. We got so many amazing gifts at our engagement party last year so we had to change a few things to prepare for the two wedding showers I have coming up. (Yes, two! Family friends are throwing me a shower in Virginia and my future mother-in-law and her sisters are throwing me one in New Jersey too! How lucky am I??)

Snow 576

Fiancé and I are trying to cross a few things off the wedding to-do list every weekend because we know it will just get crazier as it gets closer to the wedding day. I feel like I keep saying that over and over again, but planning a wedding is a lot of work! It is fun to make time for things like this and spend time together prepping for the big day!

• Reply Tamara January 30, 2011 at 1:01 pm

hi leslie: i'm not sure how i found your blog {maybe through another running blog?} but i've been checking in for awhile now…i run and have a little dog too, named donovan. your sweet jackson is too cute! i had to comment because this is one of my favorite breakfasts too..except i mash an avocado on the bread and then add the egg. sounds weird, but if you like avo it's the best!

• Reply Amanda Young - Fitladelphia January 30, 2011 at 1:40 pm

Firstly, eggs + toast = awesome.

Secondly, for wedding band shopping for him, just make him try on everything – even things he isn't sure he'd like. Also, if he's a super manly man (like my husband) then he might consider something darker or matte finish. We landed on a titanium band for my husband and he loves it (kind of like this – http://www.icie2.com/img/230/mens-7mm-comfort-fit-titanium-wedding-band.jpg).

Also, I'm a wedding photographer in my day job (www.swoonovertheblog.com), so if you have any planning/wedding/etc. questions feel free to give me a holler. I know an embarrassingly ridiculous amount about them! 😉

• Reply lee January 30, 2011 at 2:46 pm

My husband bought a $35 wedding band. Seriously. It was fine with me because we could spend more on mine! 🙂

• Reply Ashley January 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm

I love eggs and toast too! I think every weekend should include at least one egg sandwich! 🙂

• Reply Kayla January 30, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Oh I loved wedding ring shopping and doing the registry. So much fun!
    And I love when someone else makes me eggs too – I'm just no good at making them!

• Reply patty O January 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Wow, what a fun day for both of you! Feels good to cross some things off of your to do list – right? Your breakfast looked good, kudos to the cook!

• Reply Carly January 31, 2011 at 9:50 am

It was pretty easy to find my wedding band too, but Patrick took forever to find one he liked. It's actually titanium and cost about $100, but he loves that thing (it's really lightweight so he says it feels like nothing's there). And we actually bought it online from weddingbands.com because we exhausted all the jewelery store options. Can't wait to see what you choose!