Marathon Bracelet

Hello Blog World! Happy Monday! I have a feeling it’s going to be a good week! A cold one, with more potential snow, but a good one!

This lovely Monday morning I wanted to share with you a gift I got from one of my best friends this past weekend that I thought you might enjoy.

When I came down to Virginia Friday night, Fiancé and I spent the night at my friend Michelle’s apartment. We hadn’t been able to see each other since the holidays so we were excited to spend some time together.

(Michelle & I circa my Engagement Party)

Aside from spending time together and seeing each other again after a few months of not, we were able to finally exchange Christmas gifts this weekend – which was very exciting. One of the coolest things Michelle got me, I had to share with you all!

DSC_2258

It’s a marathon bracelet!

DSC_2259

The bracelet is custom engraved sterling silver bracelet made for a marathon runner (like me!), it has the city and dates of marathons engraved one one side and the marathon distance  and time engraved on the other side

DSC_2260

On the other side of the circle charms are my marathon times as well as the 26.2 distance.

DSC_2267

The Chicago Marathon will always hold a special place in my heart because it was my first but I am so proud of my New York time! I love having them both on my wrist!

DSC_2268

This is an amazing gift – Thank you so much Michelle! She purchased it from Etsy, which is one of my favorite online websites! I love finding unique and affordable items on Etsy!

DSC_2261

How was your weekend? What do you think of my Marathon bracelet?

• Reply gwenniepie.com January 24, 2011 at 12:03 pm

That's super sweet! I have a charm bracelet I started when I was 15 and I have marathon and runner charms on it. LOVE IT. I'm totally sentimental like that

• Reply thesundayflog January 24, 2011 at 12:04 pm

ooh, i love it! i should get one for my sister! can you just add new charms to it as you continue to run? my weekend was great – i spent it in nyc with some friends and we had a blast!

• Reply Renee January 24, 2011 at 12:12 pm

Hi Leslie!
    Thank you so much for the thoughtful email and for blogging about the custom Runner's Marathon Bracelet that Michelle hired me to create especially for you. I know she put a great deal of thought into designing it and was very excited to present to you. I appreciated the opportunity to create such a special gift between friends.

Sincerely,
    Renee Prainito

• Reply Megan @ A very Meg Girl January 24, 2011 at 12:27 pm

What an adorable gift Leslie and what an amazing friend!! I really like the braclet and might have to purchase one when I FINALLY run a marathon.

• Reply Wiggs (The Beholder) January 24, 2011 at 3:57 pm

Okay, I was just facebook stalking you because now we're friends there, and HOLY CRAP ARE YOUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS AMAZING. Love. Love them.

• Reply Carly January 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Lovely! What a neat idea. And you can totally add to it with each race you do.

• Reply Anonymous January 24, 2011 at 7:50 pm

that is such a great bracelet! So thoughtful of your friend!!!

• Reply patty O January 26, 2011 at 9:26 am

What a perfect gift for you! The bracelet is amazing and so practical for you to add all of your future marathons. Michele, you found an amazing gift for your special friend!

• Reply Michelle January 27, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Leslie!! I am soooooo glad you loved the bracelet!!! I knew you would enjoy it and I am soo proud of you for accomplishing so many of your running goals!! I promise to give you additional charms for every marathon you complete! LOVE YOU! xoxo