Today has been a pretty gross, yucky day in Philadelphia. To me, the perfect way to cure any rainy day blues calls for a Pizza Night!
I am always in the mood for some homemade pizza, but tonight was more of an excuse to bust out my new pizza crisper! Feel free to Ooooh and Ahhhh – It’s a fabulous new kitchen tool!
I made my favorite Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza dough for dinner and let me just sat that it NEVER disappoints and always provides an amazing meal.
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
- Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-25 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
I topped my pizza with mozzarella cheese, onions, green pepper and pepperoni. It was very tasty and my favorite pizza topping combo!
Easy as (pizza) Pie!
Do you have a favorite homemade pizza recipe you use? Feel free to share! Also – What is your ultimate pizza topping combination?