Hi “And Her Little Dog Too” Readers!! I am so thrilled to do a guest post for Leslie as she celebrates on her honeymoon.
My name is Bobbi-Marie McCormick and I write a blog called NHerShoes about maintaining a healthy lifestyle in a crazy busy world. I wear several different hats every day as a wife, cook, runner, camp host, blogger, small business owner, and kickboxing instructor! Hope you stop by sometime.
I thought I would write a fun guest post about balanced living.
A Start To A Healthy, Well-Balanced Life
We all have 24 hours in a day, but do we utilize every minute? We all know what it means to plan but how do we do it? It is not easy to live a healthy, well-balanced life, but I promise it can get easier. We all have the tools and resources to help us organize our lives: planners, cell phones, calendars, PDA’s, Gmail task lists, and much more.
So why is balancing our lives so hard?
It’s because we are people who love to do it all. We all want to be super wives, super moms, and super women! The more you take on, the more stress you receive and the less time you get to truly live your life to the fullest. Do you want to come up for air?
Here are 10 simple steps that I do myself. I hope it helps you get on the path to living a more healthy, well-balanced life
1. Sit down on Sundays for no more than 1 hour and plan out your weekly meetings, workouts, meals, and social gatherings. I know things will come up and that’s ok, but having a plan will help you to make it easier to make a “yes” or “no” decision. I once heard this quote that changed my life, “No one plans to fail, but so many fail to plan.
2. On the weekends, prep some of your meals for the week. Cut up vegetables, cook rice, make a pot of stew, or even prepare a casserole that you can stick in the oven when you get home.
3. Make a one stop grocery shop. If you plan out your meals for the week you can go shopping and get all the supplies you’ll need. Instead of wasting time making those small unnecessary trips. I am really trying to work on this one!
4. Give up busyness!! Plan on spending some time engaging in meaningful activities that nourish you life. Make a date with a friend to have coffee or make dinner with. If you have kids plan a date night to get in some quality time with your Hubby.
5. Multi-task! Women are known to be pros at this! Get your exercise and girl time in by taking a walk with your girlfriends instead of getting dinner out together.
6. Take time for yourself. Do some yoga in the morning at home, go for a jog or walk, take a bath in the evening, or even go to a local library and just sit and read. Do whatever you need to do to refuel yourself! You are only as good as your last day of rest.
7. Don’t be a “yes” woman! Practice saying “no.” I have a hard time doing this — I want to be there for everyone and hate not being able to help. It is ok to say no to someone… they will understand. It is worst to say yes and feel stressed about it!
8. Give up all unnecessary things on that to-do list. Clean up your days and start making time for the things that matter.
9. Smile and laugh as much as possible. This is not only good for your health, but does wonders for your spirit.
10. Be spontaneous. If you are anything like me, breaking plans is difficult, but be open to change and live your life, not the plan!
Thanks for reading!
What are some of your tips to living a healthier, more balanced life?