A Rush of Blood to the Head

Oh Hey! Check out my new trick! I have been in awe of those that can do headstands and handstands for a while now and at a recent yoga event I finally learned how to do it on my own! While my all time favorite yoga pose will always be dancer, it is tons of fun to learn new, uber-cool poses!

Headstand Domination!

Headstand.jpg

I also have been working a great deal on crow pose as well – Here i am rocking it at one of our recent Urban Yoga Philly events! I still need to get my toes to touch in the back, but I can already tell my upper body strength is improving to hold these poses long enough to take a decent picture!

268743_228039773893692_209751702389166_727426_615617_n.jpg

What do you think is the coolest looking yoga pose? What is the hardest pose for you to master?

• Reply Shelly July 20, 2011 at 11:12 am

Nice job! I can remember having headstand/handstand competitions with my sisters when we were kids. I’ll have to see how my skills held up.

I can’t say I have a favorite pose. Usually I am most fond of standing balancing poses but given the workout I typically feel like my favorite is the one I’m currently doing. Doing yoga just makes me feel strong in a way that weight lifting never did.

• Reply Megan @ Life As Megan Knows It July 20, 2011 at 11:37 am

I ahve been working on a headstand for a while and it seems like you really are rocking it! Great job!

• Reply Patty O July 20, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Kudos to you for being able to do a headstand! I do like your crow pose though and of course the dancer is so pretty! I’m not a yoga fan, but maybe I should look into it in my old age!

• Reply Stephanie July 21, 2011 at 11:14 am

wow! this is seriously very impressive. i can’t do much of any of this. kudos girlie!

• Reply Luna July 22, 2011 at 10:37 am

wow wow!!Nice job!! But hey, you can’t just say ” at a recent yoga event I finally learned how to do it on my own” and walk away?!? Please, share your secret!!Help!I have been dying to do the headstand … 🙂

• Reply Leslie July 26, 2011 at 7:02 pm

It was at an event taught by Dhyana Yoga instructor Justin Reilly – he is amazing!