Cucumber Infused Gin

I was recently inspired by my sister-in-law Kate to create my own cucumber infused gin.

DSC_0719.JPG

Seriously, nothing could be easier.

DSC_0722.jpg

Slice & Dice some cukes.

DSC_0723.JPG

Add your liquor of choice.

DSC_0724.jpg

And put it in a cute little jar to sit for a while and get its infusion on.

DSC_0729.jpg

I let this bad boy sit for about 2 days – add to some sparkling water or your mixer of choice and enjoy!

DSC_0730.JPG

Have you ever infused a beverage before? What would be your favorite fruit or vegetable to infuse?

• Reply Megan Pence July 24, 2011 at 9:58 pm

I love my homemade cucumber infused vodka. Especially with a little Orange San Pellegrino! I made Basil Infused Vodka too, it’s fab with Lemon S.P.
    Beautiful! ~Megan

• Reply meghan July 24, 2011 at 11:00 pm

I’ve made pineapple and strawberry infused rum and made homemade mojito’s with it! Sooo yummy!

• Reply Madeline - Greens and Jeans July 25, 2011 at 8:23 am

Oh I LOVE this idea! You’re making me dream of cocktails wayyyy too early in the morning…

• Reply Jane @ Broccolini & Cheese July 25, 2011 at 10:58 am

I have always wanted to try this. Looks pretty easy! Thanks for sharing!!

• Reply Jacqui July 25, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Hubby and I have made all types of flavored vodkas, vanilla, coffee, berry, mango, you name it we have tried it!

• Reply Marisa July 26, 2011 at 1:54 pm

This sounds amazing! We usually do the classic cucumbers or lemons in water but yours sounds so much more fun. There is a upscale bar around us that keeps large clear jugs of pineapple infused vodka with fresh pineapple chunks and it is incredible.

• Reply Patty O July 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm

Wow, so easy and looks pretty too! I think a cherry infused vodka sounds good to me, it might be a little sour though, or maybe a cantaloupe which is very sweet and ripe would be awesome!

• Reply Katie July 27, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Yum – this sounds awesome!!! I would totally be making some cucumber gimlets with that concoction…

• Reply Angeline Emrich September 8, 2011 at 10:28 am

What are your standards of success for a blog? Readership? Quality? Is there a relationship between readership and quality?. . What did people with successful blogs do to make them successful? Was it a kind of “if you build it, they will come” thing? Do they actively market themselves? Do they associate themselves with other famous bloggers or websites? How does it happen?. . Do you have a blog? What do you do with your blog? Do you consider yourself successful? Why?.

• Reply Naomi Pockell December 13, 2011 at 3:09 pm

I used fresh figs in vodka. It had an amazing flavor and came out a delicate, rosy pink.

• Reply Yong Matranga February 7, 2012 at 9:41 pm

I think a visualized presentation can be better then just a trouble-free text, if stuff are defined in pictures one can effortlessly be familiar with these.