Friday Favorites: Hurricane Edition

We are battening down the hatches this weekend in preparation for Hurricane Irene coming our way!

Charles and I had big plans with both my parents and his parents to head down to Bethany Beach, Delaware for a weekend away – it had been planned for months but sadly we had to cancel because of the inclement weather. Major Bummer!

Last year we headed down to the beach in September and faced Hurricane Earl head on!

We definitely got Earl’d!

201108252120.jpg

This year, we are staying home because traveling is supposed to get pretty bad. I wanted to hit the beach with the ‘rents but its better to be safe than sorry and the word on the street is they are evacuating all the beaches!

In honor of the incoming Hurricane today’s Friday Favorites feature some of my must have’s for the rain (or in this case, the hurricane!)!

************************************************************

I recently purchased a pair of Hunter Rain boots and they are freakin’ fabulous! If you don’t own a pair, but these bad boys on your Christmas list! They are so comfortable and fun to wear!

201108252127.jpg

And if you get the boots, you obviously need the socks that go with the boots! I love the cable cuff welly socks in white.

201108252128.jpg

I may be a bit biased but lululemon’s Right as Rain Jacket is AHHHHmazing! It might be one of the best things I own from lulu – I got it two weeks ago and it has pretty much rained every since and it has worn so amazingly. I am in love!

201108252128.jpg

I asked Lauren for her input on our long run this morning and she told me she wanted to stock up on hurricane beverages to enjoy this weekend, which I thought was silly but fun and awesome at the same time! I bet a lot of people will be stocking up on the adult beverages to enjoy during the storm this weekend, and to that I say “Cheers!”

201108260930.jpg 201108260932.jpg

What is your favorite go-to rain gear or rainy day activity?

************************************************************************

Last chance to enter my Running Skirt Giveaway!

***********************************************************************

• Reply RhodeyGirl August 26, 2011 at 10:04 am

You stock up on adult beverages, I stock up on chocolate.

hahahahah

• Reply Stephanie August 26, 2011 at 10:29 am

hmmm i am going to stuck up on back rubs??? my husband just does not know it yet..ooopss?

• Reply Andera August 26, 2011 at 10:39 am

Rehobeth Beach is one of my favorite places in the world. So sorry your trip had to be cancelled.

• Reply Emily G. August 26, 2011 at 11:26 am

My go to rain gear is a good book, a warm blanket and my snuggly pup!! 🙂

• Reply Megan @ Life As Megan Knows It August 26, 2011 at 11:46 am

I got my Hunter’s all set for this weekend..

I think I will be lounging mosst of this weekend!

• Reply Jackie August 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I can totally relate on vacation being cancelled. Last night my boyfriend and I decided to spend the night in Atlantic city. Literally right as we were pouring some pre-dinner drinks they slid a notice under the door that we had to evacuate by 6 am Saturday morning. We decided to enjoy a delicious dinner and just head out before all the traffic started. Today it’s supposed to be nice on the beach, I’m bummed out we had to miss it! Hopefully we can all make up for missing vacations with some hurricane celebrating this weekend! 🙂

• Reply Jackie August 26, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Oops Friday morning, not saturday! That wouldn’t have been so bad!

• Reply sara@runninginpinkproject August 26, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Love the boots. My “wellies” are Pucci with pink and black and purple swirls. They make me smile every single time I wear them. 😀

• Reply Allison August 27, 2011 at 2:35 pm

My favorite rain gear is my North Face knee length rain coat [looks awfully similar to your lululemon one]! And my favorite rainy day activity is curling up and watching a movie 🙂 Stay dry!

• Reply Patty O August 28, 2011 at 9:48 am

Love your Hunter Boots and Raincoat! We also stocked up on the basics, the stores were madhouses on Friday! Being prepared is the best you can do! I plan to make a fresh blueberry pie sometime this weekend – yummy!

• Reply Robyn Turnbull September 9, 2011 at 10:01 am

I have a blog on blogger and I want to add a background image. How do I do that? And the image is from the internet on my flickr account. So how?.