Anybody. Everybody. Do Yoga.

9.10.11 – Salutation Nation

An annual, international day of yoga.

285974_10100854517711473_2248186_66095276_793784736_o-1.jpg

photo-131.JPG

This morning, I got my downward dog on – with 250 of my closest fellow philly yogi’s.

photo-151.jpg

photo-132.JPG

photo-147.jpg

photo-146.jpg

photo-145.jpg

photo-144.jpg

photo-133.jpg

photo-142.jpg

photo-141.jpg

photo-140.jpg

photo-139.jpg

It was fabulous to practice outside, on a beautiful day with so many other lovely people.

photo-137.jpg

But Salutation Nation didn’t end my yoga practice for the day!

photo-136.JPG

I then headed over to West Philly for a 2.5 hour Learning to Fly workshop with one of my favorite yoga teachers – Justin!

Needless to say, my crow pose and my headstands are improving!

photo-134.jpg

Are you a fellow yogi?

• Reply Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep September 10, 2011 at 7:32 pm

I really wish I could have gone to Salutation Nation here in Orlando. I got almost there and needed to get gas or else I would have ran out. Turns out I left my wallet at home, so I had to go home and hope that I could get back there without running out of gas. I missed the event, and I’m so disappointed, especially since I just got hired at lululemon.

• Reply Sana September 10, 2011 at 8:03 pm

The even looks super fun!!!

• Reply Kait @ One Love Run September 10, 2011 at 9:15 pm

you got some great shots of philly’s salutation nation! we had ours by the water in SD but I was to into to snap a lot of photos! And I would love to go to a workshop like that, I’m so close to getting my arm balances down, I just need to not be afraid on falling on my head!

• Reply Tressa September 10, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I am so not a yoga person, maybe if I worked harder at it I could be, but that looks like a lot of fun!

• Reply Patty O September 11, 2011 at 7:15 am

I’ve never tried yoga, but thinking about it. It probably is a good way to supplement my power walking routine.

• Reply Ashley September 11, 2011 at 10:30 am

I wanted to go to one here in Atlanta, but was running my first 8miler instead! I LOVE yoga. I discovered hot yoga over the summer and haven’t looked back. Then I discovered lululemon after seeing all those yogis in class wearing it, and am in heaven. Best yoga mat ever!

• Reply sara@runninginpinkproject September 11, 2011 at 10:47 pm

I love yoga. I was so shocked at just how much its changed my body image. I cant imagine not doing it now. Looks like a fun day! Loved the tank top. 🙂

• Reply Megs September 13, 2011 at 9:32 am

I believe I met you when you were talking to Nina (lulu Wayne) at the end of the event!

It was perfect day and a nice stretch after my 6 mi run with the Wayne store. On the the half on Sunday!!