One Year Ago Today…

I became a Marathoner.

201110091828.jpg

One year ago today, I ran my FIRST Marathon – the Chicago Marathon, on 10*10*10

It’s crazy to look back and think how much I have learned since I ran my first 26.2.

201110091832.jpg

I have so much pride for the races I have run and the races I plan to run in the future.

201110091833.jpg

Happy One Year of Being a Marathon Runner to ME!

*************************************

What is one thing you have accomplished this year that you didn’t think you could do a year ago?

Or what is something you hope to accomplish in the coming months?

*************************************

• Reply GrabAnApple October 9, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I did my first triathlon this year. I’d held off for a while since I was anxious about the swim. When faced with a running overuse injury, I decided that I was tired of letting my anxiety hold me back (in sports and in life). Got so hooked I did three sprint tris this season. Next year, I hope to start doing some Olympic distance races, ideally as a fund-racer for Team Fox 🙂

• Reply Zaneta October 9, 2011 at 8:25 pm

That’s awesome! Happy anniversary! My first full marathon is next Sunday (Oct. 16) I can’t wait 🙂

• Reply Zaneta October 9, 2011 at 8:37 pm

also… how did you make your shirt? Would you mind emailing me to let me know? I wanted to put “first time marathoner” or something like that on the back of my shirt… Thanks! 🙂
    Zaneta
    runners.luck@hotmail.com

• Reply Krissie J October 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Happy marathon anniversary! 🙂 This year I ran my first half marathon and then beat my time by almost 5 min four months later at my next half. A year ago the longest I had ever ran was six miles!

• Reply Patty O October 10, 2011 at 3:06 pm

You certainly should be congratulated! Looking forward to your upcoming Marine Corp Marathon Weekend – I think you should look into the Niagara Falls Marathon for next October – that would be a fun place to go – right?