3 Day Juice Cleanse

greenjuice1

Today is the start of my 3 day juice cleanse. I am recreating the Catalyst/Blueprint Cleanse juices at home {for cheap!} – I spent all last week testing out the recipes & I am now ready to get my cleanse on!

The Rules of the Cleanse:

• No Food
  • No Caffeine
  • No Alcohol
  • Just Juice!

Seems simple enough, right? I am happy I gave myself about a week to wrap my mind around the cleanse. I feel prepared & excited to see how the next 3 days go. I know that not eating actual food for 3 days might be a little weird at first, but I know that I will enjoy the juices, since I already tested out each one, and I know I will be getting the right amount of calories/nutrients I need each day. A big part of it will be mind over matter. I can do anything for 3 days, right?

The Catalyst/Blueprint plans suggest drinking a juice every 2 hours or so, with the last one {juice #6} at least 2 hours before bedtime. I will be hydrating with water {and lemon water!}, and decaffeinated teas – the plans also suggest rooibos tea specifically.

striped straw

The official plans consist of 18 bottles of juice. 6 bottles of 16 oz. of juice each day. The juices are to be consumed in the following order specifically for various reasons {provided by the Catalyst cleanse program}:

1. Green Juice – An alkalizing juice mixture meant to get the body started & bring balance to our acidic systems
  2. Spicy Lemonade – Juice mix focused on giving the metabolism a boost/jump start
  3. Carrot Juice – Full of healthy beta keratin
  4. Beet Juice – Ingredients meant to keep energy/sugar levels up
  5. Green Juice – Same as Juice #1 but now dinner
  6. Cashew Milk – Dessert! Cashews are a great source of protein, but this milk/juice is a fantastic sweet treat to end the day.

Here are all the recipes/ingredients in case you want to check them out again – click on each photo to get the exact measurements I used:

green juice recipe
the mastercarrot juice recipebeet juice recipecashew milk recipe

Don’t forget to check out the Cost of MY 3 Day Juice Cleanse and how it compares to other juicing plans!

And here is the Recap of my 3 Day Juice Cleanse.

Happy Juicing!

• Reply Patty O February 18, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Good luck with your cleanse – you will do fine and feel great at the end of 3 days!

• Reply Melissa February 18, 2013 at 9:43 pm

Thanks for organizing this! I have the Blueprint book – and really enjoy the recipes, but I’m excited to try the carrot juice and spicy lemonade you describe above. I can’t commit to a three day juice cleanse this week (I’m traveling for work) – and like you, I need some time to wrap my head around and commit to the cleanse. I’ll be ready next week! Thanks again, Leslie! This is so helpful!

• Reply Leslie February 19, 2013 at 10:18 am

Awesome Melissa! Let me know what you think when you try them out!

• Reply mizlgw February 19, 2013 at 10:12 am

sipping my green juice now. i even brought my juicer to work, so i can make the other juices!!

• Reply Leslie February 19, 2013 at 10:17 am

wooohoo! love it!

• Reply Courtney Pool (@CourtneyPool) February 20, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Skip the fatty cashew mylk and stick with juice only and your cleanse will go even deeper!

• Reply Leslie February 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm

Thanks for the tip Courtney! How come all the {first time} juice cleanse programs out there have the cashew milk option at the end? Any thoughts?

• Reply Heather May 25, 2013 at 4:33 am

All of the first time ones include a juice with cashew or almond milk because they provide a lot of protein that the body is desperately in need of. When people become seasoned juicers they aren’t in need of this source of protein as much anymore.

• Reply Alexandra February 25, 2013 at 11:32 am

Hi Leslie, I would like to thank you for putting this on your website. I’ve been contemplating doing a cleanse for a while and when I found your site, I knew I could do it- I am on day 2 and feeling pretty good. I just forgot how much work juicing is! Since I don’t have an industrial juicer it’s pretty time consuming and laborious…but well worth it! Thanks!

• Reply Hayley March 27, 2013 at 5:55 pm

Hi!
    So glad I came across this! I just bought a juicer and thought I’d start the experience off right. I’m pretty healthy but I do love my wine AND running. Did you not work out while you do the cleanse? I’m having a hard time picturing no cardio for 3 days…..
    Thanks!
    Hayley

• Reply Leslie March 29, 2013 at 11:58 am

Hey Hayley – I did work out while I did the cleanse – I felt good with lots of energy. The first day was the hardest for me, so I kept the workout light but I think its important to just listen to your body each day and see how you feel – if you need to rest, its ok to take a day off but its good to sweat out all the toxins your body is pushing out with the fresh fruits & veggies if you can! Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Reply Kj April 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

What juicer do u use?

• Reply Leslie April 16, 2013 at 1:05 am

Hey KJ – I use the Breville Compact Juicer {found here: http://bit.ly/X63ro5} it wasn’t terribly expensive and it’s one of the more smaller juicer options. It’s been working great for me for a while now and I just almost daily!

• Reply Jet April 20, 2013 at 10:56 am

Hi! Do you make the juice ahead of time for the day or do you make them one at a time? I have heard that mason jars make really great storing containers so that you can make the juice ahead of time, but some people say you should always drink it fresh. I wanted to hear how you do it.

• Reply Leslie April 20, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Hi Jet – Most of the time I tried to juice and then drink it immediately after. I’ve read the health benefits are best when its most fresh. But i do occasionally make juice in the am and drink in the afternoon, pour it over ice – it does the trick because the mason jars are so awesome and preserving freshness. But either way, as long as you are juicing, you can’t go wrong!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Reply Jeannie May 28, 2013 at 10:08 am

Hi, I was wondering if you can share about what time you drank your juice? I work full time and wanted to make sure I have an idea of when to consume the juices throughout the day and not forget. Thanks!

• Reply Leslie June 4, 2013 at 7:46 am

Jeannine – Sorry for the delayed response. In terms of the juice cleanse – 8am, 11am, 1pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm – those are the times I used as a guidelines. I wanted to space them out but also make sure I was having them around meal times/when I was hungry. Let me know if you have any other questions!

• Reply Katerina June 7, 2013 at 1:41 pm

This is awesome!! I searched through some other DIY home juice cleanses, and found yours to be the most entertaining! I loved the way you put everything together and how you have links to everything.

I was always sceptical (I still am) about juice cleansing, but figure “why not try it out” Looking forward to trying the recipes you’ve provided!! 🙂

fashionrealist.com

• Reply ElenA June 16, 2013 at 9:46 pm

Hey great way to organize everything. Quick wuestion. Did you prepare the juices in the Am for the day or each time it was time to eat? I work fukl time so i want to mKe sure its ok i make the juices for the day and just drink them when its time. Let me know

Thanks

• Reply Jenna July 15, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thank you for these! I have been using these recipes religiously for two weeks now and loving them (supplementing with real food for dinner). Only difference is I add extra ginger to EVERYTHING! Love it. And congrats on the baby news!!!!!!!

• Reply Dave July 28, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Great idea! Did you do such juicing cleanses before? I’ve read somewhere that you need a few days to prepare your body for such cleanse and also a few days for exiting stage. It may be a shock for your body not to receive a food without preparation. I’m afraid of hunger breaks, headaches and other side effects in such cleanses. How do you deal with them? It’s hard not to think about food at this time. Thanks.

• Reply Jana L. Sheeder September 2, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Thank you so much for this awesome blog about the 3-day cleanse! I planned to do 9-day one, but I want to start small! They ones that I found online are cost-prohibitive, so thank you so much for the DIY version! I loved your quirkiness in your blogs (“beet-iness”….taste like dirt…LOL). This made my day. We drink tons of juice, but juices are not the only meal. I’m now excited to give this a try, as you made it so do-able and seemingly painless. Thanks again.

• Reply Caren Jeskey November 18, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Hello! I’m starting the cleanse today and I’m on my 2nd juice. Thanks so much for the recipes! I’m excited.

• Reply online voice over April 22, 2015 at 7:53 pm

Thanks for finally writing about > 3 Day Juice Cleanse | And Her Little Dog Too < Liked it!