beet juice recipe

beet juice recipe

Ok, I have to be honest. I have been dreading making this juice. Not sure why, but I am just not the biggest fan of beets. I know they are good for you – they are just not my favorite. But, the cleanse calls for beets – so I must juice some beets!

beet juice and straw

Here’s what I used – 1 beet, a large handful of baby carrots, 3 small apples, 1 lemon, 1 lime, ginger slice.

The Catalyst Cleanse does not include carrots in the mixture, but the Blueprint Cleanse does. Since beets aren’t my favorite, I added in the carrots to hopefully downplay the beet-iness of the juice. I also added a 1/2 cucumber at the end, to again, mask some of the beet flavor.

beet juice ingredients

In the end, the juice turned out to be pretty tasty. Wasn’t as beet-y as I thought it would be, I guess the extra carrots & cucumber helped cover the taste. It actually tasted like lemonade more than anything. Weird.
beet swirl

Another day, another juice success! Stay tuned for the last recipe to share before my cleanse begins tomorrow!

beets

For more juice fun check out:

Green Juice

Spicy Lemonade Juice

Carrot Juice

striped straw1

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I add ice cubes to my juices – to make them all a little chillier. Even with all the fruits & vegetables in the fridge, the juice can sometimes come out room temperature, so I usually add ice!

add ice

• Reply Cari February 16, 2013 at 8:24 pm

I don’t like beets at all– I think they taste like dirt! This juice really intrigues me, though 🙂

• Reply Leslie February 17, 2013 at 11:03 am

Cari – that’s the word i was looking for – dirt! They are very earthy! Luckily, the other ingredients in the juice tone that down!

• Reply Patty O February 17, 2013 at 7:01 am

Not a beet fan either, but the color is pretty and reminds me of strawberries!

• Reply FM February 27, 2013 at 8:56 pm

Do you have to peel the beets before juicing them?

• Reply Leslie February 28, 2013 at 12:05 am

FM – not with my juicer, i don’t peel anything – i just toss it in!

• Reply Emily June 13, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Do you juice the whole lemon and lime with the rind and everything?

• Reply Estela July 22, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice at the same time as you amend your website, how
    could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me
    a appropriate deal. I have been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered shiny clear idea

• Reply Sandra W February 2, 2015 at 3:15 pm

I just went to a juice bar, and they made this for me. Don’t think they used they same amounts of each, as this was a single serving. Very yummy though!