Sharing Our Nursery

Today I thought would be the perfect day to share with you our nursery! I am happy to say that it is 95% complete at this point – there may be a few tweaks and additions I’d like to make here and there – and we are really waiting to see what we need/what works best when the baby arrives, but I am really happy with all the work we put into making it a happy space for our little man on the way!

Our Nursery

When we purchased this home a few months ago, it was set up as a guest room. Charles & I knew from the get go that this would be a perfect space for our nursery. It’s a nice size for a little baby to grow into & has enough space for everything we need. The biggest change we made to this room was the paint color – it was initially a sage green color, that I liked but it needed some touch-ups. So we {and by we I mean Charles} painted the room the color Silver Screen. It’s a really calm & soft light grey which I enjoy.

Babys Room

So when you walk into our nursery the crib is the first thing you see on the left hand side. I still have to add the bumper to the crib, even though it won’t be used for the first few months, but I love the blue & white & grey color scheme we have going on.

Crib

We also have a little elephant theme happening in the nursery too.

Elephants make me happy, I hope they make Baby Brinkley happy too!

Elephant Mobile

I’d like to give a huge shout out to my Instagram friend Amber who hooked me up with these awesome prints for above the crib. I love how the colors, elephants & Philly Love go perfectly in our little space.

Nursery ArtNursery Wall

Next to the crib we have the changing table area. Initially, I ordered a larger changing table, with space on the side to hold the diapers/lotions/etc but even though I ordered it early in the Fall, it somehow became backordered in early December and wouldn’t be available until February/March {which obviously would be too late for us}.

It’s crazy how much time in advance you actually need to order/receive baby furniture! But I was a little picky in that I wanted a changing table that would transition into a dresser {the changing table on the top can be removed} so we could get more use out of the furniture piece.

Changing Area

So we went with a smaller changing table option, which works well in the space & added these awesome shelves to hold the toiletries & diaper changing supplies we would need on a consistent {hourly?} basis.

Wall Shelves

Changing Table

Next to the changing table area is a little reading nook. Baby Brinks received so many amazing books at his showers & it’s so nice to have them on display in his room. This shelf holds a lot of books & I love how it doesn’t take up too much room.

Nursery CornerMagazine Rack BookshelfReading Nook

The room then wraps around to a little sitting/nursing area in the opposite corner. I am obsessed with our glider & ottoman, seriously. It’s the most comfortable thing ever, I can’t wait to hang out on it {for hours & hours & hours} with our little guy.

Nook

I also love this lamp – I think it’s so cool looking & will easily transition with Baby Brinkley as he grows up.

end table & lamp

I also love this little elephant and this brand of stuffed animals in general. Whenever I pop my head into the nursery, he always makes me smile. I wonder what name Baby Brinkley will give him!

GliderGlider Nook

We put up some pictures from our maternity photo shoot around the room. I can’t wait until we can add pictures his first pictures & ones from his newborn photo shoot as well!

Maternity Photoshoot

Next to the glider/ottoman we have a little corner of the room dedicated to some toys & photos.

Glider Corner

I love his little Radio Flyer walker wagon, currently filled with stuffed animals. Such a classic toy & I love how it doubles as a toy bin/walking toy!

Radio Flyer Walker

On the next wall we had a little difference of opinion as to what should go here, but I was able to find this narrow leaning shelf and it fits perfectly in the space. I wanted some extra shelving in the room for little trinkets and this seems to be the a great fit.

Corner ShelfName BlocksLadder Shelf

Next to the leaning shelf is Baby Brinkley’s closet – It’s a great size for him, and I have organized it pretty well to hold everything he needs.

Closet side

We added this closet organizer and these drawers to the bottom of the space & it’s been awesome for holding all the basics {like onesie’s & socks, as well as different toys / feeding items}

Closet

My favorite part of his closet would have to be these amazing Closet Dividers! It’s so nice to be able to space out all his little outfits by size so I can see what we have! One of my favorite Zulily purchases yet.

Hanger OrganizersBabysRoom Photos in the Nursery

Another fun baby item I wanted to share with you – that isn’t officially out for display in the nursery yet – is this Moses basket. It is the same one my parents used when they brought me home from the hospital as a baby. My mom had the fabric re-done {as it was pink for me} but she said she loved letting me sleep in it and easily carrying it from room to room.

Side Note: Yes, I will take the pillow & elephant out when baby is in it

Moses Basket

I hope Baby Brinkley enjoys it as much as I’m sure I did!

Moses Basket1

So there you have it, a little peak into our nursery. Like I said, I am really happy with how the space turned out and I am counting down the moments until we can bring our little guy into his new room!

Nursery

• Reply Jessica@TWB January 6, 2014 at 12:35 pm

Very nice! Are those blackout curtains? I severely underestimated the value of blackouts until we had naptime issues with baby!

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Jessica – they aren’t technically, they are our previous curtains from our last master bedroom – They were pretty dark for us but we are going to see how they go & change them if needed. Since we didn’t buy anything new we are ok to upgrade if we need to!

• Reply Jamie January 6, 2014 at 12:40 pm

It looks great!!!! Where did you purchase the furniture? I love that little bookshelf!

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Jamie – most of the furniture is PBK – Let me know if you have specific questions on anything!

• Reply DoubleM January 6, 2014 at 12:55 pm

Love, love, love it! And I’m sure baby Brinkley will, too.

• Reply Holly January 6, 2014 at 1:04 pm

What a soothing nursery! I really love the gray/neutral color scheme! That diaper pail is the best – it really contains the stink 🙂 One word of caution, learned the hard way for us, is that you may want to remove the photos from above the crib. Our now toddler managed to knock his crib into the wall while he was in it and a framed photo came crashing down inside the crib (he wasn’t harmed, thankfully). We switched to wall decals after that 🙂

• Reply Jamie January 6, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Good point, you can also use peel and stick velcro to secure the pictures above the crib.

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Love this tip! Thanks!

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Thanks Holly – we are going to additionally secure them for sure!

• Reply Tosha January 6, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Can you do a credit list so readers can see where everything was purchased? I love so many things in this cute little nursery, especially the bookshelf that’s beside the changing table as well as the lamp!

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Hey Tosha – most of the items are from PBK – I’ll update some of the links on the blog shortly! Let me know if you have any other specific questions but everything you mentioned is pottery barn kids!

• Reply Kate January 6, 2014 at 1:13 pm

So beautiful! Girl, you are kicking my uterus into overdrive this afternoon!!!

-Kate

• Reply LaurenM January 6, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Looks so welcoming and calming! Everything came together so well!

• Reply Kristen January 6, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Could you share where you found the bookshelf? We are in desperate need for one and yours is perfect!!

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:34 pm

Kristen – Its the Madison 4 Shelf Bookrack from PBK! Let me know if you need more info!

• Reply Kristen January 6, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Thank you!!!

• Reply kiersten January 7, 2014 at 11:38 am

yes!!! this is what i need! thank you!!!! those closet dividers are amazing as well. we hang up most of the twins’ clothes (its just easier to find/see them) and these dividers would have been a huge help!

• Reply Patty O January 6, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Baby Brinkley’s Nursery is absolutely perfect in every way! You and Charles did a fantastic job with the transformation!

• Reply Ree January 6, 2014 at 5:52 pm

It’s beautiful! Congrats on creating such a calming, nurturing space for your little one. Exciting times ahead!

• Reply Tiff G. January 6, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I love the color scheme you have going on, as well as that bookshelf. I’m a little nervous. I’m due in April and we haven’t ordered our nursery furniture yet, party because we do not know if we are moving of not before then. I’m very stressed out about it.

• Reply Leslie January 6, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Tiff – order it soon! everything takes FOREVER to actually get! Such an annoyance!

• Reply Marisol January 6, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Love it! After looking at yours, I started to second guess our use of brown IKEA frames for our little man’s room. But my husband reminded me that they would’ve blended in with the walls (we live in an apt and can’t paint). I like the peel and stick velcro suggestion for above the crib (we’re putting one framed print above the crib). I love the Jellycat animals! We have a fox and an owl. Love the Radio Flyer – may have to look into that when he’s older.

And, I love love love that you tagged some of the stuffed animals with Game of Thrones Houses and “Winter is Coming.” 🙂

• Reply Leslie January 7, 2014 at 7:56 am

Thanks Marisol – the Game of Thrones animals were a gift from my sister-in-law at one of my showers!

• Reply Marisol January 7, 2014 at 8:14 am

Brilliant!
        One question – are those the Real Simple childrens hangers in your little one’s closet? They look like the ones we have in our closet and I was looking at the getting the childrens hangers. Thanks!

• Reply Leslie January 7, 2014 at 8:57 am

Marisol – they aren’t anything specific, I just picked the hangers up from Home Goods!

• Reply Erin January 6, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Where did you get your glider from? I don’t typically like that style, I prefer the more armchair looking kind but I really really like yours! Love the nursery, can’t wait to start on ours for our bundle due in June!

• Reply Leslie January 7, 2014 at 7:56 am

Erin – Its the Soma Storytime Series from a local store in VA but they have them online if you search that! It’s so comfortable and not too bulky and you can customize any color fabric/wood you like!

• Reply Heidi @ Idlehide January 6, 2014 at 7:45 pm

Beautiful nursery! I’m waiting for a couple of things in the mail before mine is complete and I’m waiting for a shelf to come into Target. So I know how you feel about waiting on things! I’m excited to share our nursery when it’s a tad more completed. We’re both so close to meeting our little men:) 🙂

• Reply Cailin January 6, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Love your nursery! I am currently on the search for a glider, and I love yours so much! Where is it from?

• Reply Leslie January 7, 2014 at 7:55 am

Cailin – its the Soma Storytime Series from a local store in VA but they have them online if you search that!

• Reply Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims January 7, 2014 at 9:26 am

This is beautiful! I think my favorite part is the leaning shelf, you decoarted it so cute 🙂

• Reply Erika January 7, 2014 at 6:50 pm

It looks great! I love the chair, looks super comfortable!

• Reply sbobet March 16, 2014 at 9:21 pm

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was
    entirely right. This post actually made my day.
    You cann’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for
    this information! Thanks!

• Reply Garage Flooring July 25, 2014 at 10:14 am

Any enclosure shօuld be ‘mucked out’ oг
    cleaned daily. Ƭhiѕ will total the managed hosting ɑnd cloud providers
    in this pɑrt of Florida to 33,000 feet. Тhe flooring acts aѕ a form of cushion ɑnd helps provide some relief tο thе joints and prevent loong term discomfort.

• Reply https://www.facebook.com/ibusinesspromoterdownload October 14, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Hello there, I do think your website could be having web browser
    compatibility problems. Whenever I take a look at your website in Safari,
    it looks fine but when opening in IE, it’s got some overlapping
    issues. I merely wanted to provide you with a quick heads up!
    Apart from that, excellent website!

• Reply ala September 23, 2015 at 11:31 am

Thanks for another informative blog. Where else may just I get that
    type of info written in such a perfect means? I have a mission that I’m simply now operating on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

• Reply helpful hints February 9, 2020 at 5:50 pm