Girls Weekend & MM’s 2nd Stitch Fix

*************************

Don’t forget to check out my Runner’s Bucket List Giveaway

*************************

Ok – so I need your help.

As part of my 30th Birthday present from my parents & my in-laws -> my mom, my mother-in-law & my sister-in-law are planning a girls weekend together this Fall! I just turned 30 & Kate will be turning 30 in February so we thought it would be fun to celebrate with a trip together, just us girls!

So now the dilemma is: Where do we go?We are looking for places that have direct flights {from Philly/DC} and aren’t TOO far – we don’t want to spend too much time in the airport/on the place. We are hoping to go for a long weekend away, nothing too crazy, just a fun few days with the ladies.

Girls Weekend

We are currently thinking about 4 places we haven’t been too:

1) Austin – Word on the street is there’s a great foodie scene –  I think you can do food tours, check out a bunch of food trucks and lots of live music around town. Other things to do include:  kayak on Lake Austin (which is really a river), a boat cruise, check out the boutique shopping district, you can drive out to Lake Travis for sundown drinks, there’s apparently a cool art museum/villa on Lake Austin, there’s a trail along Lake Austin and you can rent bikes/go to a popular public swimming hole.  I don’t think it would be hard to find stuff to do there.

2) Nashville – aka country music heaven, also supposed to have a great foodie scene and ample live music, I think you can tour Grand Ol Opry, plantations and other historic houses.

3) New Orleans – Kate has been twice and she said she could put together a really great, mom-friendly itinerary (e.g. jazz & cocktails at the Ritz, mansion tour, jazz on Frenchman street, brunch at Mr. B’s, any number of solid restaurants, wine tasting at WINO, historic New Orleans bar crawl).  And I’m sure we could find a place with a pool in case the weather is nice and we want to relax a bit too.

4) Miami – Would be fun just to do some beach time. The NYTimes just featured 36 hours in Miami and apparently you can rent beach cruisers to explore the area, and do a hotel crawl (there are a ton of these old school, art deco Miami hotels) for cocktails atnight, you can do an architecture tour of the art deco district, etc.  And obviously mojitos on the beach.

{the above suggestions are things my SIL, Kate came up with –

she knows how to travel!}

Girls Weekend Options

So where should we go? What do you think?

Any suggestions would be great! We would love to hear them!

*************************

And NOW -> Two Stitch Fixes in one week!

I loved sharing MY latest Fix with you earlier this week {my 9th Stitch Fix!} and today I’m back to share with you my mother-in-law {MM’s!} 2nd Fix {check out her 1st Fix too!}. She has some fun travel plans and events happening this summer & asked for some casual, easy pieces that would be easy to pack & wear for day or night -> Here’s what she got:

*************************

19 Cooper Blanchette Tie-Neck Peasant Blouse {$64}19Cooper Blanchette Tie-Neck Peasant Blouse

I love the color of this top, especially on MM! It’s a great color for all seasons. MM tried this on with one of my white tanks, and we both agreed it would look better with a nude tank underneath because it is a bit on the sheer side. Other than that, I think it’s really cute!

Tie Neck Peasant Blouse

*************************

Liverpool Anita Ponte Pant {$78}

Liverpool Anita Ponte Pant

Seriously, can you ever have too many awesome fitting black pants?! I think these were MM’s favorite piece of the bunch because they fit her so well. They had a great feel to them, the material was dress, casual & comfortable at the same time. The straight leg is also great because it can be easily worn with boots through the Fall/Winter and with flats/sandals during the warmer months.

Anita Ponte Pant

*************************

41Hawthorn Anabelle 3/4 Abstract Chevron Belted Dress {$88}

41Hawthorn Ananbelle 34 Abstract Chevron Belted Dress

I love a good wrap dress & I think the color & print on this one is so fun. The neckline was a little on the low side for MM, but we fixed that with a white cami & I think it looks great. Such a fun color for the Summer & so easy to wear to a dressy event or when you want to keep it casual. Anabelle 34 Abstract Chevron Belted Dress

*************************

Papermoon Charlotta Geo Print Sleeveless Collared Shirt Dress {$58}

Papermoon Charlotta Geo Print Sleeveless Collared Shirt Dress

Another great dress! This one is really light & comfortable – great for those hot summer days when you want to keep cool. I added my favorite black belt to give a little more definition around the waist & think it is really flattering. I love a good black and white print because you can pair any color accessories with it which can give the outfit your own unique look.

Charlotta Geo Print Sleeveless Collared Shirt Dress

*************************

Market and Spruce Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket {$88}

Market and Spruce Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket

MM recently came back from an amazingly, incredible African Safari trip – this jacket would have been perfect for that occasion. Sadly, it arrived after she got home, but it’s still a great piece. It has a tie around the waist so you can give it a more form fitted look or keep it loose. It’s lightweight with a hood & would be great to travel with – I want her to keep it so I can borrow it! Chaplin Hooded Anorak Cargo Jacket

*************************

So there you have it, MM’s 2nd Fix –

Help MM decide what she should keep!

What do you like best from her Fix?

what to keep mM

******************

And if you want to catch up on my previous Fixes – you can check them out here:

******************

And just incase you aren’t Stitch Fix obsessed {like I am, duh!} – here’s some information on how you can try Stitch Fix out for yourself – Feel free to let you know if you have any questions!

If you do sign up for Stitch Fix {which you totally should!} please use my referral link!

********************

howitworks-1

• Reply Ani June 19, 2014 at 9:06 am

I like 1,4 and 5 but they all look great!
    My travel recommendation would also be AUSTIN! Not only will it be a nice break from the crisp fall east coast weather, it’s an amazing city for foodies and kind like taking the best of the east coast and mixing it with the best of Texas. It’s like a whole other world and you’ll definitely want to go back again!!

• Reply Lesley June 19, 2014 at 9:10 am

Ha, I am wearing that windowpane-print shirtdress today. MM looks great in everything.

Definitely go to New Orleans — fall is a great time to visit and you will eat sooooo well!

• Reply Ree June 19, 2014 at 9:41 am

My vote is for Austin! I’ve been twice and I can’t wait to go back. It has EVERYTHING! And if you’re a donut fan, you must visit Gordough’s. Either their donut truck or their restaurant. I can highly recommend the Mother Clucker donut 😉 As for the clothes, can I just say your mother-in-law wears clothes really well? Everything looks great on her! The wrap dress is my fave 😉

• Reply Rebecca @ Runner with an Appetite June 19, 2014 at 10:08 am

I just was in Austin with my fiancé for a wedding and we loved it! We were never hungry because we kept eating at amazing places! If you go there, I have a list of awesome places to check out! 😀

• Reply Hilary B June 19, 2014 at 10:39 am

I’ve lived in Austin for pretty much my entire life. It’s a fabulous city, with tons of unique places of interest and delicious eateries. I have so many favorites, but for sure check out East Side King & Gordough’s if you have the time. You’ll also need a good dose of Tex-Mex— Hula Hut would be fun, but you’ll have so many other options. One word of caution about drinks at Lake Travis: there are quite a few restaurants out there, but because we are in a drought, lake levels are EXTREMELY low and there may not be much of a view. In fact, the view and the situation is pretty sad. Feel free to email me if you have any questions!

• Reply Nicole @ Liberty Belles June 19, 2014 at 2:23 pm

go to Austin! awesome for a weekend trip – you can almost do it all in that time. and you mentioned the food…it really is the best!

though Miami wouldn’t be too bad either 🙂

• Reply Regina June 19, 2014 at 2:57 pm

I’d go to Miami! My husband was born and raised in Austin and we lived there together for almost 2 years. It is a nice place and lady bird lake is awesome! But it is hot as hades there until almost dec and the scene tends to be more for the single, drink a lot and forget the night type.

Nashville I went to go a weekend over July 4th a few years ago and it was nice but if I could go to the beach instead I’d choose that.

New Orleans…both times we’ve been there it was dirty and extremely sketchy…like we felt like there were many times we might get mugged during the day (and we live in dc).

• Reply Bridget June 19, 2014 at 7:52 pm

I think #3 looks fantastic on her!

I vote New Orleans! What a fun weekend idea!

• Reply Jessica@TWB June 20, 2014 at 6:07 am

Miami is fun but a little…down trodden at times. And not even out of the way places, like right around the corner from a fancy boutique hotel.

Nashville is super super fun but I think most fun if you’re into country music (not sure if your group is?)

Never been to Austin or NO but those are both on my list and seem like perfect options!

• Reply Patty O June 20, 2014 at 6:32 am

Can’t wait for our weekend trip with the girls, their choice, and fine with me!
    MM – love your stitch fix – keep everything, but I would also pair a white belt with the wrap dress or some other fun color to show definition. You’ve inspired me to order another one for myself – I have a BBQ in July and need a new outfit!

• Reply Shelly May 17, 2015 at 12:54 am

I’m definitely stitch fix obsessed. I saw some ladies post about the Inevitably Chic box in a stitchfix Facebook discussion group and now I’m IC obessed too. Addictions don’t come cheap!

I’ve personally been to all 4 places. New Orleans is my least favorite place on the planet. I went in June for a wedding and oh my gee it was HOT. And it smells bad, seriously the whole town stinks. It’s like dead fish and vomit every where you go it’s the first thing you notice when you arrive. If you like to get hammered on the cheap they do have a TON of bars and charge crazy low prices for their drinks.
    Nashville is my favorite. I used to live there and it’s such a cool city. The grand ole opry does allow tours. Next door to that is opry mills, a giant indoor outlet mall. They also have a super cool hotel next to the opry with little shops, restaurants and gondola rides inside of it. People here are sooo nice
    Miami is fun but very few people speak English which is frustrating. for me because I don’t speak any Spanish.
    Austin would be my number two. Really pretty, really laid back:

• Reply Shelly May 17, 2015 at 12:58 am

Sorry just saw this was an old post! This popped up like it was the newest one on your blog. My phone is crazy! I hope wherever you went you had a ton of fun and a great birthday!