10 Slim-Down Strategies
Hey everyone! This is Missy from Missy Maintains. I am very excited to write a guest post for Leslie! First off, her dog Jackson makes me smile every day. Second, we are both Philly girls so I love seeing photos from my home town. Hopefully we will meet soon!
Many of you saw my article in Shape Magazine this month! The article mentioned 3 of my stick-with-it strategies. I wanted to expand on these strategies and share a few more tips with you!
1) Share your meals: I take photos of everything I eat for my blog. Posting pictures of all my meals and snacks keeps me accountable.
2) Think before you drink: I stick to light beer or vodka and soda most of the time. My favorite drink is a vodka soda with a splash of cranberry. It has just the right amount of sweetness and half the calories of other drinks.
3) Buddy up: I love to make gym dates with friends. There is no backing out since I don’t want to let them down!
4) Take the stairs: I try to get as much extra activity in as I can throughout the day. I like to get off one subway stop early so I am forced to walk a little longer. Squats and lunges are also very easy to do in bathrooms!
5) Brush your teeth after meals: I know I am always tempted to chew a million pieces of gum or have extra snacks after dinner. Brushing my teeth reminds me that I am done chewing and eating!
6) Mix up your exercise routine: The dreadmill and elliptical can get very boring. Who wants to stay on a machine for 45 minutes? Try a kickboxing class! How about spin? Core Fusion anyone?
7) Get a dog: I’m sure Leslie gets lots of exercise while walking Jackson!
8) Take on a challenge: A few months ago, I did the 30-Day Shred Challenge. I was very motivated to do the amazing 20 minute workout every day. I am currently doing Dori’s Core Fusion Challenge. I’ve been doing intense strength workouts almost every day!
9) Use small plates: I recently bought smaller plates and silverware. I now put less food on my plate and take smaller bites!
10) Eat while sitting down: I know when I stand and eat; I am not paying attention to my food. When I sit, I eat slower, pay attention to my food, and savor every bite.
Good luck with my 10 slim-down strategies! Check out missymaintains.com for more tips, workouts, and recipes!